Feb 20, 2019
JOB SUMARY :
Control of the production. Organization and planning of manufacturing and packaging of the products in respect of the regulation and quality, and in a process of continuous improvement of performance and security. Management of the teams under responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Definition of plan of production
• Establish the roadmap from the industrial and commercial plan (PIC): objectives, resources (men, materials, equipment, tooling, subcontractors, service providers), processes, planning, in collaboration with the Operations Director.
• Production: spread the load of work teams, by post or by machine, based on the priorities and production constraints.
• Ensure the scalability of the production tool.
• Managing outsourcing, in collaboration with the Supply Chain.
Follow up of production
• Coordinate and follow the production plan: procurement (materials, parts, tools), manufacturing, packaging.
• Follow the daily indicators: objectives, cost, time, quality of the products. Update manufacturing planning.
• Ensure compliance of the manufacturing time allocated according to production lines.
• The enforcement of security procedures, hygiene, environment.
• React quickly to economic, technical, human dysfunctions.
• Dealing with incidents of production.
• Coordinate the maintenance of the fleet machine with the Maintenance Manager.
Optimization of production processes
• Control the conformity of facilities to rules and procedures.
• Internal risk prevention related to quality, participate in the update of the QHSE system. Implement the necessary corrective actions (LEAN, 5S).
• Provide technical advice in the manufacture of complex products.
• Participate in the projects optimization or adaptation of the production tool.
• Set the criticality of facilities and vital spare parts to keep in stock, in connection with the maintenance service.
Management of the activity and reporting
• Manage the service and certain investments operating budgets, follow the cost resources and committed projects.
• Define, control and follow the industrial performance indicators (KPI): volume of products and materials consumed, rate of malfunctions, scrap rate, productivity, efficiency machine.
• Ensure reporting of activities (dashboards) with the hierarchy and communication with the teams (production meetings, Visual management)
• Oversee and organize the activity and receive operations, sampling, storage and provision of the products in the store.
• Manage the flow of goods between the space of storage and warehousing, workshops and storage of finished products.
• Manage the good performance and the management of material stocks and inventories.
• Manage the packaging activity (autonomous workshop).
• Animate and coordinate the activities of the teams (team leaders, operators, warehousemen, forklift drivers...).
• Educate, train on quality, industrial and environmental safety.
• Manage staff (absences, holidays, replacements, rotation of teams...).
SKILLS & ABILITIES :
• Ability to production management (budget management, creation and monitoring of indicators)
• Good knowledge of chemical engineering, biotechnology, process
• Good knowledge of methods of continuous improvement
• Knowledge in logistics and industrial maintenance, safety regulation, environmental standards
• Team management skills to train and motivate teams under responsibility.
• Good qualities of leadership to facilitate and coordinate the work of teams.
• Very good relationships with the teams.
• Organization and rigor operative to comply with procedures and enforce.
• Culture and quality on results.
• Ability to manage the unexpected (incidents and accidents).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• School of engineering in mechanical, process, automation, computer engineering option industrial.
• Technical training specialist, initial or alternately, level bac + 5 in chemistry, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, production management, possibly supplemented by a specialty (plastics, energy, materials...)
• First experience or significant experience in industrial production and management workshop.
Sensient Cosmetic Technologies is committed to developing, producing and marketing high-quality ingredients and colorants to the cosmetics industry, providing cosmetic companies around the globe with a nearly infinite range of products.