Jan 07, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe loading, unloading, and securement of specialized agricultural harvest equipment. Transports this equipment intrastate as well as interstate. Assist in the maintenance and record keeping of all commercial highway equipment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Be able to safety load and unload equipment on low bed trailers. Be able to safely secure all types of equipment and miscellaneous items. Must work independently and be able to make sound adjustments Knowledgeable and capable of inspecting commercial vehicles according to standard practices. Must be able to perform minor repairs on commercial vehicles and agricultural equipment Perform all driver-required record keeping according to DOT rules and regulations SKILLS & ABILITIES: Class A driver’s license in good standing, with the following endorsements; Air Brakes and doubles. Must meet D.O.T. requirements. This position is responsible to plan routes that would be most efficient to meet timelines set by production requirements. Take into account to plan routes that will meet but not exceed hour of service requirements set by the U.S Department of Transportation. This position will take a leadership role when equipment is being loaded or unloaded from low bed trailer for transportation. Insure that equipment is loaded and unloaded in a safe and efficient manner by providing oversight to others who are helping in this process. Poor planning of routes could result in loss of production. When hours of service or rules that are related to driving a commercial vehicle are broken can result in fines to the company and to the Truck Driver. Inadequate load securement can result is loss of high value harvest equipment. This position will have daily contact with the department manager and other department staff. Contact as required by the job with field supervisors, growers and the general public while driving on public roads. Incidental contact with California Highway Patrol and other public agencies while traveling on public highways. This position will spend approximately 40% of time working in the shop. Intermittent The remaining 60% will be driving and moving harvest equipment. Subject to intermittent lifting of 50-125 lbs. Pushing or pulling of 50 lbs. Walking on unleveled ground or dirt roads. This position will be exposed to all types of weather climates, from extreme heat (110 F) to very cold (32 F). Approximately 90 days of overnight travel will be required. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, must have sufficient ability to meet all administrative requirements. This includes applicable regulations and good record keeping and documentation skills. ABOUT SENSIENT NATURAL INGREDIENTS: The Sensient Natural Ingredients group is part of Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group and is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods. The Natural Ingredients unit is located in Turlock, California.
Sensient Technologies Livingston, CA, USA Full time