DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA. supplements
The generation and maintenance of sales in dairy (Predominantly Cheese) across United Kingdom and Ireland ensuring the organizations’ rapid and accurate response to customer needs and enquiries.
Provision of technical information on the company's products and assistance in the evaluation of applications. To liaise with customers, and assist in the best use of the company's products.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To be the key local contact for technical support toward the dairy(Cheese) industry in UK and Ireland.
- Working closely with the regional dairy sales team, applications and the culture business unit, your role is to give technical support, research the dairy market, identify the key growth opportunities focusing on cheese (& fresh fermented) categories.
- To set DuPont N&H strategy for growth linked to dairy cultures, probiotics, enzymes, hydrocolloids and emulsifiers into cheese, Yoghurt and related milk based finished products.
- To build a technical development plan that links the needs of the leading dairy manufacturers toward our range of strains, new development cultures and ingredients to increase our presence at our customers and allow penetration into prospects in this key growth market. Manage opportunities closely within our Sales Force system, build measurable value and coordinate application resource effectively to the best benefit of business opportunity.
- Become competent in all relevant DuPont and DuPont N&H systems and enable to deliver presentations internally and externally.
Key Challenges / Success Criteria
- Being the Key technical point of contact and key internal coordinator for the Cheese customers and opportunities. Providing a personal level of service to add value to our customers.
- Minimising the impact of a problem to the customer and building further trust in our culture technology. This will involve speed of action, an understanding of the problem and keeping the customer and DuPont departments informed of progress until the problem is resolved.
- Understanding how the large cheese manufacturers select their starter cultures and decide upon on the best approach to convince change from one starter culture to DuPont.
- Knowing when to utilise your knowledge of dairy cultures and when to use our application and innovation support.
- Degree in Dairy Science or equivalent.
- An intimate knowledge of the dairy (Cheese) Industry, the culture competition and the way in which DuPont N&H can change the status quo.
- A proven track record of success in innovation and/or application/technology (minimum 5-year experience) in dairy (with strong preference in Cheese)
- Recognizing bacteriophage, why they are important and how we can take advantage of competitor issues that allow us to resolve bacteria attack to gain market value.
- A strong understanding of the main dairy producers, the trends in the dairy market and the main investments made and planned.
- Strong Interpersonal and negotiation skills linked to an education closely linked to food ingredients and dairy industry learning.
- Market, product and industry knowledge of the food industry with key experience working with cultures.
- Communication skills – verbal, written and listening skills with an ability to build trust and measurable value.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving specifically linked to complex processes linked to the dairy and food related industry locally and the wider global dairy markets.
- Strong knowledge of cheese technology and ability to learn and recognize commercial opportunities.
- Cheese plant knowledge and experience is a big advantage.
- Desire to learn other applications (e.g. fresh fermented) and new ingredients.
- Based in the UK, and willing to travel regularly to customers to UK and Ireland, including the internal meetings on the continent (20-25% overnight travel)
- Strong ability to discuss cheese application within all different levels both internally and externally
- Confident, self-driven and able to navigate internally and externally to meet objectives.
- Strong IT understanding (Microsoft office, XL, SAP, CRM (Sales Force) and DIP systems) or ability to learn.
- Communication skills both orally and written.
Successful candidate can be based at DuPont N&H offices in UK or home-based in UK.