The Main Mission is to Support DIANA Food by providing technical expertise and advice to customers through direct face to face contact, based on clear understanding of customer needs and robust testing of DIANA Food solutions in customer processes and recipes.
- Application Specialist is directly responsible to provide support on applications for Savory, Sweet, Beverage, Color, Health & Nutrition, Baby Food, Candy/Confectionary.
- Deliver agreed activities to support NAM zone ensuring all samples provided are safe & high quality.
- Provide sound technical advice and control the quality of DIANA Food solutions by proactively arranging or participating in visits to customer sites, making recommendations and ensuring all parties understand and agree on solution requirements.
- For defined market segments, follow-up customer sample requests – providing support, information and advice.
- Ensure all relevant documentation (visit reports, customer insights, minutes of meetings/calls) is available, accurate and up-to-date.
- Be the first point of contact between the NAM zone and the global R&D organization.
- Participate in strategic projects and in launching new solutions and ingredients in close cooperation with other parts of our organization.
- Form a knowledge/best practice network, sharing insights on food trends and competitor & customer activity.
- Maintain an external network in NAM zone and propose any opportunities for potential collaborative partnerships.
- Provide quality service to DIANA Food internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding DIANA Food values at all times.
- Visit key customers in the field with sales team and partners.
- Continuously improve methods for presenting samples and explaining our value proposition in a form that customers can taste, see and enjoy.
- Support technical training, seminars and trade shows.
- Update and maintain recipe files
- Assist with customer requests for Regulatory, quality, food safety, religious, etc.
- Point person for product quality/safety issues for inventory distributed through the Valley Cottage office.
- Provide and create demo sample kits for new promotions. Maintains a “ready to use” stock of applications for Sales team.
- Provide technical support and links French, Chile and Portland technical teams to direct sales, distributors, agents, brokers for customer portfolio.
- Actively participate in specific trade groups and organizations to network and promote Diana Food solutions, such as Research Chef Association, Culinary Institute of American and Food Science Universities.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Minimum 2 years Food Science or Product development
- Experience with Baking/Pastry and/or Beverage a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Culinary degree required
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with other team members throughout DIANA Food organization.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong formulation skills and understanding of food systems
- Solid organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Decision making within company policy
- Strong problem solving, creative, & analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of cuisines
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, use the hands to feel, handle and manipulate objects, talk, hear, type, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach above the shoulder or outward, and bend.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry, push and pull, stoop, squat, drive and kneel.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 25 pounds.