As Global Head Plastic Circularity you will define, plan, coordinate and execute a multi-year, cross-functional program that leads us towards a future without single-use plastic. Moreover you will leverage innovative solutions from within and outside us and you will be a liaison of Givaudan to outside forums and consortiums and suppliers, customers and other companies that are on the journey to a circular plastic economy. You will be based in one of our sites in Europe preferably Kemptthal, Vernier, Naarden, Argenteuil or Dortmund and report directly and functionally to the Global Head of Sustainability and the Head of CoE and CI Engineering.
- Strategy Development: You will develop strategy and program for delivering on our ambition to replace all single-use plastics with eco-friendly alternatives across our sites. Hereby you will establish scope, program, Measurements and milestones for the program. You ensure a proper funding and mobilize support for the program from different functions in Givaudan. Moreover you establish requirements for ensuring systems, tools, infrastructure requirements and resources. To the Executive Committee and outside Givaudan you will report the progress on Givaudan’s journey towards a future without single use plastics.
- Manage Partnerships and Innovations: Together with Procurement you will reach out to suppliers to find solutions to reduce/eliminate quantities received through raw materials packaging, industrial and lab consumables, and other sources of single-use plastic. You get connected to suppliers, customers, and other companies by consortiums, forums, and associations to exchange best practices and foster collaboration on new technologies and new ideas. On this you use appropriate communication channels and industry forums to help shape policy and public opinion on the topic of circular economy for plastic.
- Team Management: You will select and onboard team members at a later stage, manage performance and talent development of own reports. Furthermore you engage and manage the matrix of program team members and support roles from multiple functions such as Sustainability, Commercial, Procurement, EHS and Controlling.
Are you someone who wants to make a lasting positive impact on our world? Who is passionate about sustainability and the opportunities a circular economy brings? Are you challenging current thinking and want to drive change, collaborate, and learn together with your co-workers who are as passionate as you are? Then join us.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business with a strong aptitude for sustainability
- Certificates of education in sustainability leadership and programs or related professional experience
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- At least 10 years experience in engineering and/or sustainability program management
- Experienced in change management
- Good networker, inside and outside of Company
- Experienced in setting up and running a cross-functional program in a global organisation
- Experience working in a matrix organization and provide through people with no reporting lines
- Creative in approach; originate ideas to support business needs
- Experience with team management
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.