Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day and strategic engineering and maintenance repair functions for the manufacturing plant.
- Conducting special studies as assigned or self-initiated to improve departmental services, production efficiencies, and satisfying internal and external requirements.
- Developing and managing a maintenance budget to include cost & control of maintenance labor, materials, installations, etc. Will control cost and analyze causes of variances between actual/budget expenses.
- Working with engineering department on planning and executing small capital projects.
- Managing the parts department: overseeing part purchases, MRO inventories of parts & supplies, and establishing control & processes for MRO inventories.
- Aggressively reducing maintenance spending by using alternative parts, modifying preventative maintenance programs, and identifying root causes for parts wear and tear.
- Directing activities of supervisory staff and team members with strong emphasis placed on employee development, performance expectations, and ensuring proper training as it relates to their job function.
- Maintaining positive employee relations by providing a people-oriented work environment designed to motivate employees and reduce turnover.
- Ensuring fast reaction & responses to repair calls/equipment breakdowns and timely repairs to minimize downtime.
- Directing and overseeing the Preventative Maintenance/MP-2 Programs to attain optimum production operating efficiencies.
- Overseeing, reviewing, and modifying Preventative Maintenance/MP-2 Program to improve equipment efficiencies & determine labor standards through the use of Total Productive maintenance philosophies.
- Overseeing environmental programs.
- Actively participating in all plant safety initiatives with responsibility for maintenance related TPM pillar. Will also promoting safety and housekeeping initiatives by engaging employees in TPM process.
- Communicates Safety, Quality, and Food Safety policies to all employees. Ensures such policies are applied by all employees.
- Supports food safety, quality and legality.
- Implement, support, and maintain quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of maintenance and repair to include: mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, building maintenance, wastewater treatment, boiler operation & maintenance, and ammonia refrigeration.
- Experience with continuous process improvement programs: TPM, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, Kanban, Kaizen, etc.
- Flexibility/willingness to work off shifts, weekends, and a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or similar technical/engineering degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 8+ years of experience managing a large high volume food processing plant.