Process Utility - 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for operating all equipment used in the production of finished goods and in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned.
- Operates processing and/or packaging equipment in the food manufacturing facility.
- Properly mixes all varieties of product in a manner to insure consistency and quality within QA and R&D specifications.
- Provides accurate recordkeeping of lot codes, batches and all required data.
- Responsible for operating equipment used in preparation, mixing, and finishing product. Equipment includes but not limited to mixers, depositor, conveyors, etc.
- In some facilities, may monitor shape quality for make up as to proper size, surface defects, rolling and general shape and ensure line speeds and strokes per minute are maintained as per schedule.
- Use of raw materials in proper rotation (oldest first).
- Assists supervision in proactively identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Recognizes and reports any signs of product tampering.
- Maintains cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follows all safety procedures and participates in safety training. Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and PPE. Reports any injury, accident or unsafe condition immediately to supervisor.
- Supports product safety, quality and legality.
- Supports and complies with GMPs.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Scope of Position:
Reports to: Production Supervisor
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, speak and write English so as to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommended solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Must be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Knowledge of computer controls for various machines.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work alternate shifts, overtime and/or weekends as required
- Must be able to wear company provided uniform.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.