Your future position?Our Flavor Division is focused on further evolving its quality foundation by infusing a culture of continuous improvement. Visible progress has been made in our quality excellence development programs through the deployment of structured assessments determining both the degree of maturity of our implemented processes and our collaborative, problem-solving capabilities.
As a member of the site operations leadership team, reporting to the site director with support and direction from the Regional Head of Quality, you will drive quality strategy within our Florence, Ky Site Operations by improving site quality and food safety systems. You will lead the local quality laboratories and quality management team.
- Drive Quality Strategy: Build quality culture of ownership and accountability in all Operations functions and with employees. Build agreement with key stakeholders on strategic direction and priorities of the site, includ-ing site road mapping and Capex planning. Help develop targeted quality communication to internal and external customers. Develop training and knowledge sharing programs. Implement globally /regionally agreed quality requirements from customers. Manage customer audits and resulting improvement plans.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement: Ensure maintenance of quality and food safety systems. Coordinate ef-fective, risk-based and value adding internal audit program. Foster local implementation and audit compliance with internal and external standards (such as ISO 9001, FSSC22000, Organic, etc) Ensure stakeholder agreement of changes and principles. Drive/coordinate improvement of site quality performance through targeted initiatives and programs, in collaboration with Continuous Improvement where applicable. Deliver solutions and define/drive programs to meet customer quality requirements and develop customer intimacy and partnerships Support engineering projects with review and expertise (incl. CAPEX planning)
- Lead and Mentor: Manage and develop the local Quality Team. Set and monitor targets, assess performance and talent. Implement mitigating actions. Provide leadership to regular performance reviews, succession plan-ning and talent assessment /development planning and training facilitation. Provide training to handle cus-tomer complaints. Support / perform vendor audits.
You?Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can ex-press yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you? Then join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Technical University degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or business degree with technical experience. MSC is preferred with a minimum of 10 years lab experience with recent leadership role.
- Flavor industry experience is preferred
- Experience in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems / Standards. Automated testing experience pre-ferred. Understanding of quality management processes such as ingredient life cycle mgmt., vendor quality, customer quality requirements, specification management, continuous improvement, complaint, issue and cri-sis management, industrialization, audit and change management
- Must understand manufacturing technologies, product characteristics and dynamic industries with high com-plexity.
Comprehensive Medical and High Matching 401kGivaudan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.