Spot Buyer at Givaudan – Your future position?
As the IM&S Spot Buyer, you will build tactical sourcing activities. Maintain working relationships with different people: users in the region, local teams responsible for IM&S APAC. The mission for this role is to manage ad-hoc request for quotations of items not covered by agreed terms and conditions, in line with category strategy.
Primary Responsibilities include operations in the spot buy area:
- Accomplish sourcing (Spot Buy, quotes, market research, price comparisons, etc.)
- Spot buy according to sourcing instructions defined in category cards
- Maintain sourcing data for Spot Buy materials incl. site-specific information
- PO creation for indirect materials and services
- Support sourcing support and market analysis in case language-specific is required
- Help investigate root cause analysis on invoice non-conformity
- Work with guidance from Senior Specialists, Experts, and Team Lead
- Build constructive relationships within the local team IM&S buyers in APAC
- Communicate with partners by phone or by email
- Observe service levels, procurement procedures
- Analyze and develop: suppliers in the region negotiate terms, conditions and prices; climbing opportunities for improvement; report savings; Manage contracts and agreements for smaller regular services.
- Oversee organisation of internal processes: taking care of the documentation of processes and documents, and working in an integrated manner with other areas.
Education / Primary Qualification:
- University degree preferably in business administration
- Languages: Fluency in Thai (read, write & speak) and English language in view of interaction with vendors from Thailand. Additional regional language a plus (Japanese, Indonesian, Thai or Korean)
- Professional experience: 3 or more years of relevant experience in a multicultural procurement shared services environment.
- Software skills: Expert knowledge of Sourcing and e-auction tools (SAP / SRM Chili); expert
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.