Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a passion to innovate, Givaudan creates flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. We achieved sales of CHF 5.5 billion in 2018. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, we have almost 13,600 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
About the Role:Due to recent internal promotion, we are looking for a Regulatory Manager Leading PSRA CEE. You will be involved in all aspects of the Product Safety and Regulatory affairs in your Central and East Europe interacting directly with customers for documentation and regulatory consultation and internally with product developers in all segments. You will be leading a team of 3 members in 2 locations. You will serve as a regulatory resource, and provide industry-leading regulatory support to customers and internal development teams. You will be part of the PSRA EAME Leadership team reporting to the PSRA EAME head. It is a multi-skilled and varied role with the ideal candidate having excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to produce highly accurate written work. An enthusiastic and thorough approach is essential for this role with the ability to learn and absorb complex regulatory activities in a fast moving regulatory environment in CEE.
- Bring your Passion: Provide guidance and supervise direct reports to support customer technical document requests, i.e. product specifications, nutritional information, country of origin, questionnaires, etc. Stay informed about regulations and communicate any changes internally.
- Challenge yourself and others: Apply your problem solving skills to propose new procedures to support customer-oriented solutions. Establish and maintain expertise in assigned subjects and agencies. Work together in the development and implementation of global and regional compliance policies.
- Drive Efficiencies and Operational Excellence: Support internal and external customers. Design procedures to utilize global systems for maximum efficiency to support compliance initiatives. Audit adherence to policies and procedures as directed; recommend corrective action(s); and follow up to ensure that appropriate actions have been taken to achieve compliance. Monitor and understand regulations for assigned subjects and agencies, and assess impact on our business.
- Manage a Regulatory team of 3 people located in Vienna and Russia to provide external, internal customers and regional regulatory bodies with consistent and compliant product safety and legislative expertise.
- Manage regulatory responsibility for CEE including customer advice and visits
- Helps develop policies and procedures to manage and coordinate regional regulatory responsibilities.
- Effectively identifies opportunities and potential risks to the business or commercial and provide technical regulatory leadership & direction to the organization.
- Advise the business on risks due to safety or regulatory developments.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with laws and regulations resulting in reduced liability.
- Coordinate and Represent Givaudan positions at trade associations providing the company position on issues.
- Ensure integrity of food regulatory database as well as protection of regional intellectual property.
- Train junior team members and new hires.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who needs a new challenge and bring excellent contribution to company? Then come and join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- University / Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a scientific field ( Preferred: Advanced Degree in Chemistry/ Food Technology, Biological and Physical Sciences or related disciplines)
- 5-7 years relevant regulatory experience in Food, Additives or Flavouring Industry
- Fluency in English and German. Polish and Russian are advantageous
- Thorough understanding of key product category activities, regulatory trends, and general food market dynamics
- Knowledge of regulatory systems and databases
- Thorough knowledge of product development and project management
- Extensive knowledge of Food,Additives, Flavouring industry and customer regulatory requirements on those fields
- Updated on trends and pending regulatory legislation, including knowledge of global regulatory issues
- Strong Leadership/People Management capabilities
- Great compensation
- Company-sponsored retirement plan
- Life and accident insurance
- Meal allowance
Start Date: 4th of May or earlier.
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.