A Key Account Manager for our Ivory Coast Flavours Sales & Commercial team, and based in our Abidjan office - Your future position?
We are currently looking to expand our Flavours Africa and Middle East Regional Sales & Commercial team, and have opened up a new role to recruit for a ‘Key Account Manager’ to focus on the
Ivory Coast market.
As a ‘Key Account Manager’ in Givaudan, you will be working for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our customers - the big food and beverage companies - and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry. You will be working for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in Ivory Coast have local, regional, and international profiles, which brings diversity and curiosity to our day to day job.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional who can be a good addition to our innovative and team work culture and has a good knowledge of and network in Food & Beverage industry in Ivory Coast. You will be part of the Africa and Middle East Flavours sales team and will be based in our Ivory Coast office, and will report directly into the Commercial Director for the region. You will be expected to develop and execute a business plan targeting key customers to achieve Givaudan’s commercial and sales objectives in the region.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a true passion for the world
of flavours, loves staying ahead of the curve, always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value, and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for:
Business DevelopmentYou will be involved in all the activities that involve the realization of new business opportunities and market innovation.
Developing/Maintaining/Defending our business: You will proactively generate new business opportunities and develop the brief pipeline leveraging Givaudan resources and capabilities to create most relevant commercial opportunities with Clients
Servicing our customers: You will partner with our customers’ R&D and marketing teams, understand their brand strategies, positioning, strengths & weaknesses, and ensure Givaudan is well positioned to participate in briefs and is on core lists.
Positioning our products: You will monitor flavour trends, competitive activity and product development; obtain insightful marketing data to support and nurture our business objectives.
Impacting the bottom line: You will continuously develop key accounts and prospects on the ground, follow up on customer submissions, and manage wins through to production and launch, and delivering budgeted sales.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant track record of successful Sales, Business Development, or Key
Account Management experience in the food/beverage ingredients, chemicals or a related sector.
• Thorough knowledge of customers, competition, and an existing network in Ivory Coast are essential. Experience in additional countries or markets in the region will be advantageous.
• Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English and French language.
Additional knowledge of local or other languages will be advantageous, but not mandatory.
• Demonstrated ability to apply strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills to develop
• Understanding of customer strategy, initiatives, priorities, launch processes, and how to position Givaudan offerings.
• Thorough understanding of profitability goals for key accounts
• Can effectively execute all account management steps in the brief handling process; understands how to manage scale-ups.
• Can effectively generate new business by identifying unmet customer needs.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key customer decision-makers.
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• IT skills - Proficiency in using common PC applications, good MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel skills.
• Excellent presentation and project management skills.
• Able to travel frequently in the region as required.
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.