This position is eligible for $1500 signing bonus.
Maintains the cleanliness of the physical plant and equipment, including the building structure and process equipment, within cleaning time deadlines
- Set up, operation and cleaning/sanitizing of various pneumatic, mechanical and electrical processing equipment in cross-functional areas of the plant.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and taking apart and assembling equipment according to company procedures.
- Cleans processing equipment, overhead pipes, and conveyors in both dry and wet processing areas
- Scrubs processing tanks and kettles. Starts C.I.P. pumps to force cleaning solution through production machinery, piping, or kettles.
- Cleans floors with mop and electrical scrubber.
- May be trained to operates industrial truck to transport materials within plant.
- Cleans and changes screens and filters.
- Trained and certified to use cleaning chemicals according to guidelines and in a safe manner.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supports food safety, quality and legality.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with GMP’s
- Participate in PPI initiatives.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mechanical aptitude to understand and effect equipment operation and basic maintenance for the job function described
High school diploma or equivalent