As Director of the Biotechnology Programme you will lead a cross divisional and diverse Biotechnology (BT) working group. You will ensure optimisation of end-to-end BT opportunities for Givaudan from upstream targets to downstream finished products in line with the BT strategy. Moreover you will ensure maximised benefit of the BT Ecosystem. You will be based in our Innovation Center in Kemptthal.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, always aim to exceed customer needs, provide value and are experienced at building relationships.
- Vision and Strategy: You will create a clear vision for BT at Givaudan. You will identify and propose BT priorities by assessing the company needs guided by the divisions. This includes innovation for new materials and BT routes for existing ones. Furthermore you will develop a Givaudan BT strategy with the heads of S&T. To deliver this you will develop a working knowledge of the end-to-end BT capabilities of the company and an investment plan internally as well as with Open Innovation Partners (OI).
- Partner Management: You will work with cross functional partners to understand long-term BT needs and the current strengths and weaknesses to build the joint BT strategy. These groups are Research, Ops, Regulatory, Procurement and IP. You will also be the single go-to point for BT in the company.
- Innovation Management: You will optimise OI partnerships and work with our partners to ensure we get best synergy value. Also you will develop best plans for strain development, scale up, piloting and DSP. You will help optimise the IP portfolio, maintaining an overview of Givaudan’s BT IP position and ensuring new innovations (end-to-end) provide IP opportunities.
- Communication Management: You will champion BT within the company and represent the BT opportunities with the Executive Committee. Last but not least you will work with the Communications Team to execute a communication strategy.
Are you someone who wants to grow your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us – and improve your world.
- Master Degree or higher in associated Science or Engineering - Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Fermentation, Pharma or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years relevant industry experience in the field of Biotechnology, Fermentation, commercial gene strain sequencing
- Experienced in leading teams especially in research or product development programmes providing clear strategy and delivery
- Fluency in written and oral English and other language skills either French or German
- Strong communication and strategic thinking skills at senior business level
- Process development and Industrialisation skills
- Experience working within matrix organisations, delivering without hierarchical control and executing successful change management
- Experienced in clear reporting, drawing conclusions and making recommendations
- IP Management experience
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.