Description What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Senior Associate Principal Scientist- Data Science will be responsible for leading a small team to organise, mine and visualise complex R&D data to deliver new insights to enable rapid, high quality innovation across our chocolate, biscuit, gum & candy categories. The successful candidate will explore opportunities from a wide range of data sources and types.
- Builds, deploys and optimises machine learning models to maximise data as an asset to the R&D function.
- Works in close partnership with engineers and scientists to define complex technical challenges to be solved and identify new opportunities to leverage Data Science
- As a subject matter expert, drives the adoption and implementation of machine learning throughout R&D.
- Is the lead data scientist for major R&D projects.
- Creates statistical/mathematical models from structured databases enabling insight to solve technical problems.
- As a technical leader takes on the be pivotal support role in the development of junior team members.
- Develops a deep understanding of our data infrastructure and champion infrastructure development needs which will help the whole team work more effectively.
- Communicates outputs from the work with R&D teams to ensure learning is embedded in the business quickly to speed up innovation and optimisation
- Write and builds best practice documentation and actively strives to change traditional ways of working within R&D
- Develops simplified software tools for others to use to add and interpret data, and understand results
- Researches and keeps up to date with developments in data science techniques
- Maintains and develops data mining resources including hardware and software updates, working with IT department to maintain security and back-up systems
Qualifications Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject
- Extensive experience of Data Science from data management through to advanced modelling and communicating outputs
- Proven track record of the application of data science in a commercial environment
- Solid understanding in applying a range of statistical, machine learning and AI methods to real-world problems
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as R, Java script and Python
- Expertise in Applied statistics
- Ability to simplify complex problems and communicate to wide audience
- Global experience and additional language preferred
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.