This position is responsible for operating all equipment used in the production of finished goods and in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned
- Properly cook all varieties of icing, glazes, and fillings in a manner to insure consistency and top product quality within QA and R&D specifications.
- Responsible for operating equipment used in preparation, mixing, and finishing product. Equipment includes but not limited to mixers, depositor, conveyors, etc.
- In some facilities, may monitor shape quality for make up as to proper size, surface defects, rolling and general shape and ensure line speeds and strokes per minute are maintained as per schedule.
- Use of raw materials in proper rotation (oldest first)
- Must be able to train fellow associates in regards to the relief position.
- Assist supervision in proactively identifying problems and providing solutions
- Recognize and report any signs of product tampering.
- Maintain cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supports food safety, quality and legality.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with GMP’s.
- Participate in PPI initiatives.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
High school diploma or equivalent