Under general supervision receives stores, selects and loads products within warehouse by performing the following duties as directed by immediate supervisor or Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selection and preparation of customer orders in a manner that insures complete fulfillment of each order.
- Accurate receipt and documentation for inbound product.
- Affixes pallet tags and marks materials with other identifying information upon receipt.
- Conveys products and materials from receiving areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Places items on racks, shelves or bins according to predetermined slot assignments.
- Rotates stock to enable oldest stock to be most accessible for picking.
- Reads pick tickets, pick labels (or on screen display, etc.), assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets. Loads trailers with merchandise scheduled to be shipped.
- Records information as directed to track the above activities.
- Performs tasks in a manner consistent with the zero errors policy of the company.
- Maintains performance at or above productivity standards and service level targets established by the company.
- Operates within applicable safety guidelines as per government regulations, the company's safety manuals and/or stated safety policies, and common sense.
- Performs inspection of material handling equipment and maintains fluid levels to ensure continuous optimal operation.
- Performs work in a manner so as to prevent damage to company equipment, facilities and products.
- Insures proper warehouse cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Follows up on ALL customer requests and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness.
- Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company.
- Accepts responsibility to THINK about how own actions and actions of my associates effect our customers and our company.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Other duties as assigned to help meet company goals.