This position is responsible for filling, packing, and sealing product in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Fill, pull and package product into clean containers, at the proper weight and label and date code correctly. Load and label pallets correctly.
- Distinguish acceptable product from unacceptable product.
- Start up and shut down operations for line.
- Documenting all required paperwork such as Batch Sheets and CCP forms.
- Achieve 100% daily schedule conformance.
- Limit down time and use time to prepare for more product or to pack and clean line. Downtime that is the result of mechanical failure, missing packaging, etc. should be reported to the lead or supervisor immediately.
- Ensure proper materials are being used and documented with accuracy (label inserts, papers, and fillings).
- Maintain cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with GMP’s.
- Participate in TPM initiatives.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to read, speak and write English so as to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommended solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.