About the role
The Learning & Development (L&D) Specialist supports the Learning Manager EMEA in the delivery of programs of training and development. The successful candidate will partner closely with the senior business leaders to assess training needs, to follow up on all practical aspects, such as planning and organizing, communication, administrative handling, monitoring and evaluation. You will be at the fore-front of raising the learning & development journey at Barry Callebaut for EMEA.
Key responsibilities include
- In this role you assist with the development and the communication of a professional learning curriculum and strategy.
- You provide the right partnership delivering best practices and relevant training solutions supporting the business strategy.
- You advise on training content and ensure the training meets the objectives: You carry out training needs analysis assessing both individual, departmental and organizational learning and development needs.
- You liaise regarding the design, the development and delivery of training material according to the training strategy, taking into account different training methods and selecting the right channels. You design e-learning courses, workshops and more. You consider relevance of blended learning options such as on-the-job training, classroom training, e-learning and simulations. You make recommendations to decision makers.
- As Learning Specialist you are the go-to person for all administrative handling, practical preparations, being stand-by and ensuring professional follow up.
- You ensure training budgets are allocated, and you support regarding forecast current and future costs.
- You identify external training partners and educational institutions.
- You liaise with internal trainers with regards to content.
- In this position you analyze feedback from participants and evaluate the success of learning and report to senior management.
- You coordinate the logistics of training sessions.
- You hold a Master Degree with 3-5 years of experience in a coordinating and creative role within the domain of Learning & Development.
- You have an avanced or proficient level of Microsoft Office skills, Excel in particular.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is a must.
- As a person you are passionate about helping people learn and improve. You know how to match the needs of the ‘learner’ to what the Barry Callebaut organization needs to further grow. Apart from that you are strong in planning.