Lead inbound, outbound, and internal logistics operations, including distribution, warehouse, and inventory activities, safety performance, and logistics quality management for a large/complex site.
Strategy design and execution
- Contribute to the design of the local Operations strategy by providing input regarding Logistics plans and improvement initiatives.
- Elaborate the annual Logistics plan and oversee the execution of related activities to meet local Operations objectives.
- Lead warehouse and/or distribution center teams to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives and resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Monitor product import or export processes and conduct internal and external audits to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Design, deploy and maintain local logistics SOPs in line with corporate policies or procedure.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, shipping, etc. or recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Analyse all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient material flow whether related to routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Planning to develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Establish models and metrics (KPIs) for use in evaluating logistics performance.
- Maintain internal material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Control that warehouse operations are conducted in compliance with company (EHS) guidelines and public safety regulations.
- Monitor training programs for warehouse and/or distribution center staff to strengthen capabilities.
- Conduct annual human resources processes for the local Logistics team(s) and validate results.
- Work with the local Operations management team and HR Business Partner(s) in developing a local talent pipeline for the function.
- Drive the development and promotion of identified talents within and outside of local Operations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree Required, preferably in Supply Chain Managment
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing or logistical support
- Good knowledge of transportation supplier landscape
- Good knowledge of material flow systems and technologies
- Proficiency in shipping and receiving regulations and protocol
- Good knowledge of local and international material/product safety/security norms and regulations
- Strong knowledge of supply chain function and processes
- Basic knowledge of production process
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.