Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Purpose of Role:
Food Safety is a key element for Mondelēz strategy. As part of the Global Food Safety function this role will provide global leadership in Toxicology related to raw materials & ingredients.
This position has both outward and inward facing elements. The incumbent will represent the company in key external forums likes ILSI, GMA and be responsible for both developing and presenting the company positions on key relevant subjects, as well as interpreting the external environment and understanding the business impact.
Key objectives of this role are to ensure chemical safety of Mondelēz products & processes to ensure we meet food safety commitments. Ensuring the company’s reputation for leading edge food safety is recognized externally through advocacy, horizon scanning and participation at scientific groups and trade associations.
The role will be responsible for the development of the internal strategies in the area of toxicology within Mondelez HACCP and support the business with chemical risk assessment, applying methodologies and horizon scanning.
Ensure a science based development and/or maintenance of the core programs within Mondelez.
Act as a relationship builder both internally with business partners and externally with scientific, trade and government agencies.
- Support the vision and strategy for managing chemical hazards aligned with company objectives to protect consumers and to address upcoming business needs
- Ensure the maintenance and the robustness of Mondelez global Food Safety programs. This includes the HACCP management and specification.
- Develop toxicological risk assessments in support of all commercial activities to ensure internal food safety programs receive the most up-to-date and science based advice
- Internal advocacy and stakeholder relationship management to ensure a seamless and effective information sharing across all relevant functions, effective prioritization and consistent global approaches.
- External stakeholder relationship management to ensure effective advocacy of Mondelez positions and approaches to delivering food safety, maintenance of Mondelez external reputation and understanding of key trends likely to impact the company
- Familiar with the various global regulatory compliance regulations
Key Interfaces / Stakeholders
- Public and governmental regulators and external food industry organizations
- Director of Global Microbiology & Food Safety
- VP QSARA
- Category RDQ VP’s
- Regional Quality Directors
- Regional Food Safety Managers/Counterparts
- Global FS Team
- Sr. Dir. Global Scientific & Regulatory Affairs