What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Working as a Chocolate R&D Apprentice at the home of Cadbury in Bournville, you will join the Pilot Plant and Facilities team, where you will work with some of our biggest brands including Cadbury, Oreo, Milka and Toblerone among many others. The pilot plant team are responsible for delivering new product innovations and building on our current brands. You will work in a fast paced environment as part of a highly skilled team, one day you could be making Crème eggs and the next you could be making Cadbury Dairy Milk or Caramel.
The Apprentice role is a 4 Year training position and will require balancing work with learning. Your day to day work and training within the pilot plant will be supported by studying towards a BSc in Food Science and Technology with Nottingham Trent University. This will be delivered at Nottingham Trent Univeristy as four separate one week blocks and time will also be set aside whilst at work to support your studies.
- Build expertise for a wide range of equipment and technologies, applying understanding of results and implementing corrective actions when required to support projects in the pilot plant.
- Build technical knowledge of the food industry through on the job learning and block release to university to support projects.
- Support GMP and Continuous Improvement activities within the Pilot Plant and R&D.
Year 1 & 2-Pilot Plant Support
- Work in advance of trials with product developers to assist in trial planning.
- Build technical knowledge and equipment expertise to the point where responsibility can be taken for execution of trials
Year 3 & 4-Projects Support
- Support category growth projects
- Take full responsibility for delivery of own category growth project in Year 4, including scoping, trial planning, execution and reporting.
Food Industry Technical Professional
BSc in Food Science & Technology
Nottingham Trent University
You will be need 3 A-Levels or equivalent including a Science subject or relevant industry experience.
You will also need GCSE Maths & English at grade C/4
Block release: 4 x 1 Week Blocks with additional study time set aside
Towards the end of your apprenticeship the business will support you to apply for vacant graduate entry roles in order to progress your career within Mondelēz International.