Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Responsible for Food Safety Support in North America Region for International Snack Food Company, supporting/reviewing Food Safety Plans and policies for suppliers and manufacturing facilities, and supporting the Research and Development of new products.
- Provide scientific and technical food safety support to the manufacturing facilities, ensuring product safety and quality through assessment of policy compliance. Identify and communicate food safety risks to manufacturing, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs.
- Conduct validation review of Preventive Controls related to heat kill steps (cocoa, nut processes, etc.) and assess validity of data obtained by others. Review process validation – involves review of the technical validity of data generated to validate kill steps, and review other food safety programs: HACCP, zoning, PEM, allergen and physical hazard controls.
- Perform Supplier Food Safety assessments for suppliers, co-manufacturers and Mondelēz facilities (laboratories included)
- Partner with business colleagues (e.g. Supplier Quality and Procurement) where improvements and execution of relevant Preventive controls, PEM and other food safety programs are required.
- Continuously improve food safety related knowledge, skills and understanding, epidemiology and food hygiene matters. Continuously improve performance by upgrading skills and identifying/using skill-enhancing assignments, courses and training opportunities, as well as networking opportunities to ensure up-to-date knowledge.
- Provide input into review and up-dates of global food safety related documents and programs.
- Training/educating colleagues and suppliers in identifying critical parameters of processes used, the mechanisms underlying control steps and the measurements needed to validate these processes when requested by other functions (e.g., Supplier Quality)