Brand: Reading Scientific Services
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food sector. Whether we are creating new products, ensuring food is safe for consumption or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
RSSL provides a range of scientific analysis, research and consultancy services to the food industry, to its parent company Mondelez International, and also to the pharmaceutical industry.
We have a number key FMCG clients, including many industry leaders, who heavily rely on us to help them conduct their business safely and efficiently. First and foremost, it’s the role of a Senior Food Account Manager to ensure their experience with us is of an excellent standard, and as comprehensive as possible. The role is responsible for developing customer management strategies, with the goal of growing RSSL’s revenue, as well as leading high value tactical sales opportunities and supporting the wider commercial team,
Based out of our offices in the Reading Science Centre, you’ll be in the same building as RSSL’s laboratories, keeping you on the front-line of our scientific endeavours and giving you fast access to our network of experts. This opportunity provides a fantastic chance for those who are commercially minded and interested in food sciences to utilise all facets of their skillset in a dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- Act as the principal contact between a number of multiple major food and FMCG accounts and RSSL operations teams in order to grow sales.
- Grow the organisation through business development.
- To lead appropriate tactical client opportunities.
- Influence commercial strategy and new service opportunities and to contribute to and lead company strategic initiatives as required.
- Understand and implement the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour.