Brand: Reading Scientific Services
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Purpose of the role
Reading Science Centre is the Global Science Centre for Mondelez International. In addition to providing research and scientific services to its parent company it also provides a range of scientific services to other companies operating in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
RSSL UK sales is $30MM, rising c5-10% pa. and employs over 330 people.
As a Pharmaceutical Commercial lead you will be responsible for ensuring RSSL maximises sales, reputation and customer experience in one of several possible fields of the Pharmaceutical industry.
This role is unique as it involves a combination of business development and the development of strategic marketing plans
In this ‘hands on’ role, the Pharmaceutical Commercial Lead is the key interface between Commercial, Operations and the Customer. The role will manage sales performance in their chosen sector driving RSSL’s analytical and training business as well as the development our consultancy and new service offering.
The role reports to the Commercial Lead.
- Managing a specific speciality vision and purpose to meet RSSL growth targets by setting and hitting, annual sales targets and supporting forecast requests. Ensure our service offering and the commercial connection between RSSL and the client is customer/country centric.
- Analyses, innovate and creates a plan for engaging the target market, identify, prioritise and lead sales growth through external events, client contact activity, create client relationship and partnership programming.
- Manage major proposals, identify potential client's, track, build relationships and close sales opportunities.
- Act as the central point of contact (the team’s lead) for a strategic team made up of 3 scientific specialists and marketing representation.
- Create, review, adapt and pivot demand lead marketing plan, revenues stream reviews, working with marketing to share resource.
- Plan, action & review a 5, 3, 1 year strategy plans for your speciality section covering : Marketing Budget/ROI, Five year strategic planning, 18 month tactical planning cycle with tertial reviews, working closely with marketing creating automate workflows in our CRM.
- Horizon Scanning 1year, 3 years, 5 years, searching for new service offerings that complement our current service offering and determine potential size of market and timings. In conjunction to developing our external clients innovation funnel and seeking approval for funding.
- Actively engage in professional industry bodies. Network and present back findings to Commercial lead, Technical and leadership team. Identify new seminars/events where our technical experts can present.