Finance Manager, Food & Beverage Solutions North America
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Food & Beverage Solutions, North America Finance
Hoffman Estates, IL
Reports to (Title)
Finance Director, Food & Beverage Solutions North America
SVP Finance FBS Global
Food & Beverage Solutions (FBS) North America (NOAM) is the largest region within the Global Food and Beverage Systems (FBS) business unit with revenues of c. $650m. The business has a broad product offering ranging from single ingredient sweeteners, high intensity sweeteners, starches, fibres and bespoke food system blends and operates across a wide range of food & beverage categories but with focus on Dairy & Beverage, Soups, Sauces & Dressings, Bars, Biscuits & Cereals and the Nutrition category.
The region is positioned for growth within a challenging and competitive market place through its portfolio of existing products and new products in the pipeline that meet customer needs and fit with consumer trends and through a focused strategy of targeting higher growth category sub-segments.
The position will assist Finance Director on commercial finance responsibility for all sales made within US & Canada (defined as FBS NOAM) irrespective of production origin (management reporting by destination) and fiscal responsibility for all sales produced within and distributed by the US FBS business irrespective of final sales destination (statutory reporting by origin).
Responsible for leading the annual budgeting, planning and forecasting activities of the FBS NOAM region
The Finance Manager, through the local finance and GSS teams is responsible for all aspects of the regions monthly forecasts (every week for the current month), budgeting (annual), long range planning (annual) and forecasting (two formal reforecasts each financial year) activities, including:
• Preparation of financial planning review materials which are then presented to the Global FBS Leadership team.
• Alongside the Finance Director, establishing financial goals and targets for each financial planning activity
• Supporting and challenging commercial teams (sales and product management) to ensure that their financial plans are robust, reflect the requirements of the region and the wider organisation and are achievable
• As a truth teller, ensure that forecasts and plans presented are realistic, achievable with the right balance of risk and opportunity.
Be a trusted financial partner to the Sales and Product Management Teams
On a day to day basis, the Finance Manager will be a key thought partner to the Leadership Team members in respect of a wide range of business issues and activities including:
• With Finance Director, continue to foster and embed a culture of fact based management and ensure that robust data is provided on a timely basis to commercial decision makers to enable such fact based decisions to be made;
• Giving a financially biased lens on short term operational activities, issues and choices – including contract pricing and investment decisions;
• Act as a sounding board on both an individual and collective basis to other members of the Leadership Team.
Preparing and co-ordinating all business review materials and processes, including:
• Preparation of monthly Management Business Review (MBR) presentation and standard commentary and performance analysis pack to FBS FP&A team in London, ensuring the main performance drivers for the FBS NOAM business are clearly understood and presented;
• Ensuring that all FBS NOAM performance information is provided to the regional GM, VP Business Development/Product Management teams and Channel Sales Directors/Sales team and that the GM and commercial leaders are able to understand and present the financial as well as non-financial performance for their area of the business.
• Provide ad-hoc reporting for Global FBS FP&A and FBS Sales teams
FES Duty of Care:
Health & Safety
• Candidates will ideally be qualified accountants (CPA/ACA or equivalent qualification);
• Experience of working within a multi-divisional and/or multi-geographical business, and used to operating within a matrix reporting environment;
• Broad finance experience, including financial reporting and commercial finance within fast paced, customer facing businesses with high performance demands and a drive for growth;
• Ability to support great decisions through quick, clear actionable insight;
• Capability to operate at an executive level in a regional organisation equivalent in size and complexity (including interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders) to T&L;
• Ability to work at both big picture and detailed levels to match a diverse range of situations and audiences;
• Demonstrable communication skills with the ability to manage a diverse range of stakeholders;
• Capacity to manage the diverse range of matters that arise on a day to day basis in a business with a broad and varying product offering and geographical reach;
• Ability to balance financial and service goals, being both firm and collaborative with business colleagues
• Comfortable with ambiguity;
• Cultural flexibility.