BP, Global IS/IT
Hoffman Estates, IL
Reports to (Title & band)
Manager, Infrastructure Technology
Line Manager +1 (Title & band)
VP, ISIT Operations
Any internal and external relationship the role manages. Describe the complexity of the internal and external interactions and include a description of the nature of each relationship.
The position is responsible for level 3 support of day to day operations across multiple services and technologies. This role will create service and technology roadmaps and drive their implementation. The individual will have significant contribution to initial decisions and ongoing operations of the technical infrastructure across the organization. Specific duties include leading the deployment and operational support for all Infrastructure Technologies resources and operating systems. The candidate will have multiple subject matter responsibilities for infrastructure services including AD, messaging, system management, virtualization, and other infrastructure applications (Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, etc.) based on the Microsoft platform. The candidate will also play a key role in defining the architecture for infrastructure strategies including file, print, storage, backup, capacity planning among various other strategies and/or processes.
- Responsible for supporting the day to day operations of AD, CommVault, Exchange, Lync, SCCM, SCOM, Trend, and other various services by supplying Level 3 expertise and direction.
- Responsible for leading various technical product teams (i.e. CommVault//SCCM/Trend) in providing support for system maintenance and operational support.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on small to medium sized projects.
- Responsible for multiple disciplines within the infrastructure space.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating infrastructure changes within the organization.
- Assures that system integrity and security are maintained for all business services.
- Create and drive service roadmaps for multiple services and technologies.
- Communicate effectively across all IS/IT groups and geographical areas.
- Provide mentoring and training to System Admins and Engineers across Infrastructure groups
- Adhere to and advise on the specific Tate & Lyle infrastructure standards.
- Be available (on call) for off hour problems / issues that might arise which are deemed critical to business integrity.
- Support monthly maintenance window activities as needed.
FES Duty of Care:
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents or near misses and auditing.
- Work with the Infrastructure managers and the IS/IT architects to establish a viable strategic roadmap for multiple services and technologies.
- Complete deliverables on time and within budget.
- Delivery of service and technology roadmaps.
- System services are available within agreed SLA’s and critical security patches applied per agreed corporate policy.
- Deliver operational support metrics at agreed upon levels
- Be an active project team member for various strategic infrastructure initiatives including acquisitions, centralization, consolidation, etc.
- Tate & Lyle Infrastructure standards are updated on a periodic basis.
- IS/IT audits issues are addressed and updated in a timely fashion and completed prior to the agreed date.
- IS/IT policy, procedures and processes along with Corporate guideline are known and adhered.
Skills and experience required
- Behavioral Characteristics / Work Skills
- Self-motivated with high energy
- Ability to prioritize time and delivery on deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize time and delivery on deadlines
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering or related fields a plus.
- 5+ years of broad based IT experience
- One or more Microsoft certifications preferred
- Proven ability to absorb, master, and leverage emerging technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with CommVault, Trend, or SCORCH is a plus
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Expert understanding of one or more Microsoft products including AD, SCCM, SCOM, etc.
- Ability to provide primary support for HP storage including 3Par & Left-hand, MSA
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Thorough understanding of Server hardware, storage and backup solutions.
- An understanding of local area networks, switches, routers, firewalls and infrastructure cabling.
- Understanding of ITIL framework, certification preferred.
- Proactive in problem solving and ability to see the “bigger picture”.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Above average analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, climb multiple flights of stairs potentially carrying equipment, lift at least 40 LB, and also be able to install a 1U server in the bottom or top of a standard 19” equipment rack.