You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and operationalising solutions to support project deliverables. You will work with Architecture and Operations teams on the selection and design of technical infrastructure across the organisation. You will work with external parties and act as project coordinator managing the administrative side of projects (timeline, resources, and cost) but at the same time you participate in these projects and execute project tasks in the field.
This role will leverage your expertise in infrastructure services including Systems (server & clients), Storage, Cloud, Data Centres & Infrastructure
- Design and implement network related solutions including cloud, LAN/WAN, security and voice
- Oversee technical delivery of large and small projects. Examples include office expansions, mergers / acquisitions, IT hardware refreshes, network separation, Office 365, cloud migrations, etc.
- Design innovative technical solutions to solve business problems and drive them to completion
- Lead cross functional and third-party resources for the implementation of project deliverables
- Collaborate with IT and business groups to identify and design solutions
- Perform site surveys and assist with business case estimates
- Support project delivery and hyper care afterhours as required
- Design, socialise and document solutions including all change management processes
- Onsite rack/stack of equipment, setup and configuration of network related components
- Create technical documentation to support operational handover
- Approximately 25% global travel including frequent travel to manufacturing plants
- Working with heights and lifting heavy equipment circa 25% of the time
FES Duty of Care:
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents or near misses and auditing.
- Deliver all project deliverables on time and on budget
- Successfully manage a minimum of four concurrent projects technical deliverables
- Quality of project deliverables
- Adhere to all change management policies & procedures
Skills and experience required
- Large scale design and implementation building complete LAN/WAN solutions
- Expert level and hands on experience with BGP, EIGRP routing and WAN support
- Voice design and deployment, Cisco voice / video exposure preferred
- Delivery of network infrastructure supporting new offices and site refreshes
- Exposure to project management processes in a large enterprise environment
- Experience designing, deploying and supporting Cisco wireless networks
- Operational handover of large-scale projects
- Experience working in an ITIL focused environment
- Understanding of ITIL framework, certification preferred
- An understanding of Project Management processes
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Current Cisco CCNP certification, current Cisco CCIE certification preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business users
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science focus preferred
- Innovation - Able to challenge conventional practices; adapts established methods for new uses; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Cooperation/Teamwork - Works well with others to get a job done; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups.
- Organization - Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Communication - Writes and speaks effectively, states own opinions clearly and concisely; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions.
- Flexibility - Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
Team org chart