We’ve adopted a number of new technologies over the last few years and our Infrastructure Deployment Engineer is responsible for continuing to deliver our IS/IT vision for the future.
In this role, you will design, implement, and embed solutions that support projects. You will work with Architecture and Operations teams to select and design technical infrastructure across the organisation. You will collaborate with internal and external parties, act as project coordinator managing projects (timeline, resources, and cost) as well as participating in these projects by delivering project activities out in the field.
This role will leverage your expertise in infrastructure services including Systems (server & clients), Storage, Cloud, Data Centres and Infrastructure Applications.
- Design and implement hosting related solutions including cloud, system infrastructure, security and voice
- Oversee the technical delivery of large and small projects such as office expansions, mergers / acquisitions, IT hardware refreshes, Office 365, cloud migrations, etc.
- Design innovative technical solutions to solve business problems and drive them to completion
- Lead cross functional and third-party resources for the implementation of project deliverables
- Partner with IT and business groups to identify and design solutions
- Perform site surveys and input into business case, i.e. estimates, etc.
- Support project delivery and hyper care afterhours as required
- Design, socialise and document solutions including all change management processes
- Onsite rack / stack of equipment, setup and configuration of infrastructure related components
- Create technical documentation to support operational handover
- Approximately 25% global travel including frequent travel to manufacturing plants
- Working with heights and lifting heavy equipment circa 25% of the time
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or concerns in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Actively participate in local EHS programmes including reporting any incidents or concerns and auditing.
- Deliver all project deliverables on time and on budget
- Successfully manage a minimum of four concurrent projects technical deliverables
- Quality of project deliverables
- Adhere to all change management policies & procedures
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- Additional measures as agreed with your Line manager
Skills and experience required
- Large scale design and implementation building hosting and infrastructure application solutions
- Expert level and hands on experience with HP Hardware & Storage systems, MS Azure, Office 365
- Expert level and hands on experience with client and user management solutions e.g. MS Active Directory, MS SCCM, MS Exchange, Office 365, SAM…
- Delivery of infrastructure supporting new offices and site refreshes
- Exposure to project management processes in a large enterprise environment
- Experience designing, deploying and supporting Office 365 migrations
- Operational handover of large-scale projects
- Experience working in an ITIL focused environment
- Good understanding of ITIL framework, certification preferred
- An understanding of project management processes
- HP Hardware (Blade Center and HP 3PAR Storage)
- Current MS Fundamentals certification (365 and or Azure), preferred Associate level certification
- First class communication skills with the ability to effortlessly communicate with both technical and business users
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Computer Science focus preferred or qualified through experience
- Innovation - Able to challenge conventional practices; adapts established methods for new uses; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Cooperation / Teamwork - Works well with others to get a job done; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups.
- Organization - Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Communication - Writes and speaks effectively, states own opinions clearly and concisely; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions.
- Flexibility - Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
Team org chart