To provide technical support to our customers via sound processing knowledge and innovative application concepts utilizing our range of ingredients to ensure continued growth of Tate & Lyle. Supporting our sales team and customers predominately in ANZ but also support APAC region as required.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Be compliant with company health and safety rules and procedures.
- To work with our customers to utilise T&L ingredients in customer specific application/process and make the best recommendation or solution to the customer.
- Effectively communicate with sales team and customers on the outcomes of projects or trouble shooting issues.
- Main focus to be the dairy industry but will need to support all segments
- To support pilot or commercial trials with our customers to test the recommendation when required
- To work closely with Commercial, Marketing, and Business Development to align business goals with application efforts.
- Execute projects in a statistical and scientific manner to assure technical success.
- To write clear and effective laboratory reports for submission and/or recording purposes to ensure technical success.
- Handle day-to-day maintenance of laboratory equipment, housekeeping of the laboratory and consumable replacements.
- To assist in setting up SOP for instruments and equipment.
· Perform, Maintain and improve the Environment, Health and Safety standard and requirements as set by the Company. Participate in the company’s EHS program including training, audit etc., arranged by the company
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of texturants including starches and gums and their application in food industry preferred
- Knowledge on how food ingredients functions in dairy and non-dairy protein applications and the critical processing parameters ideal.
- Proficient at creating food formulations recipes and typical manufacturing processes in the food industry
- Able to trouble shoot problems for customers and give effective recommendations
- Ability to run and interpret analytical data on dairy applications
- Exposure to project management and ability to work in a team
- Minimum, a Degree in Food Science Technology or similar
- Min, 5 to 10 years relevant work experience in food application. Experience in dairy an advantage
- Some experience with handling food analytical instruments in the areas of rheology.
- Some experience in handling process equipment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Good presentation skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Focused on customer solutions, incl. prototyping
- Some travels within the APAC region are expected