Tate & Lyle is looking for a Food Scientist who will work as part of the Applications and Technical Service team with responsibilities of developing new concepts, providing solutions to customers in applications and, support new ingredient development within Tate & Lyle. The Food Scientist will drive application development and innovative formulation in the Nutrition & Bakery categories to support continued growth of Tate & Lyle Food and Beverage Solutions.
- Develop formulas and prototypes with Tate & Lyle ingredients and systems including starches and hydrolysis products thereof, soluble and insoluble fibers, acidulants, nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners.
- Be a scientific resource on a Tate & Lyle ingredient platform and/or food products in Nutrition & Bakery.
- Increase depth of knowledge of Tate & Lyle ingredients and Nutrition & Bakery categories.
- Work directly with customers to develop high quality, cost effective solutions.
- Support development of new Tate & Lyle ingredients in cooperation with the Innovation and Commercial Development teams.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of trends within the area of responsibility (market segment) and anticipate customer needs.
- Execute projects in a statistical and scientific manner to assure technical success.
- Work closely with Tate & Lyle sales and technical service to align business goals with application efforts.
- Education: Minimum MS in Food Science or BS in Food Science with three years of relevant experience.
- Sound basic knowledge of food science, food chemistry, food microbiology and general food processing.
- Knowledge of formulations, stabilizer, emulsifier, and ingredient functionality and the effect of processing on ingredient and finished product attribute.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong statistical and experimental design knowledge.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with diverse audiences ranging from highly scientific/technical to production / manufacturing to non-technical personnel and customers.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as required to achieve project goals.
- Positive attitude capable of working as part of a team.
- Creative and innovative solutions.
*The Job title, role and responsibilities are subject to change based on qualifications / experience of the candidate and the business needs of the company.