Plant Finance Manager, Sycamore
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Business Performance, Finance
Plant Controller, Decatur, Houlton, & Van Buren
SVP Finance, GO
- Strong working relationship with the Plant Management teams
- Ability to influence internal and external management
- Strong working relationship with Global Operations and Group Finance teams
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
As the plant Finance Partner, support the operations, taking ownership of the financial outcomes, supporting and challenging the plant to deliver on working capital and key financial performance metrics. Drive the understanding of financial implications of the business strategy both within the function and within the broader business. Provide insightful analyses & commentary facilitating the planning, budgeting & forecasting processes.
- Be a proactive member of the plant leadership team, participating in the management of the business
- Develop & monitor coherent and integrated KPIs and performance measures relevant to the plant.
- Provide decision support on short, medium and long-term issues through the use of data, sensitivity analysis, information and business understanding.
- Provide analysis and risk assessment of strategic, non-standard, material or commercially sensitive business contracts (including identifying FX and commodity exposure)
- Provide clarity on actual and forecast / planned business performance and the implications on forward periods
- Conduct analyses of opportunities and risk trade-offs
- Provide capital investment decision support and analysis.
- Provide investment and divestiture decision support and analysis.
- Ensure the business always remains in line with control standards
- Collaborate with Specialist teams, including Tax and Treasury to create effective and integrated financial solutions, provide feedback & help to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Review and decide on policy exceptions; work with the appropriate Specialist on specific exceptions
FES Duty of Care:
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents or near misses and auditing.
- Realization of business objectives, including profitability and working capital targets
- Forecast accuracy
- Adherence to control standards
- A duty to take care of your own health, safety, and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work. Fully co-operate to help everyone meet their legal safety requirements.
- Adhere to all defined local environmental laws, regulations and permit requirements.
- Adhere to all defined local food safety laws, regulations and requirements.
Skills and experience required
- The person is a self-starter with a strong understanding of the business with experience in Commercial and/or Operational Finance. With a sound financial knowledge, they will be confident and experienced in challenging senior management from a financial perspective.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA a plus
Beneficial to be successful in the role:
- Advanced level Excel skillset
- Experience in SAP
- Experience in either the food business segment