Under the direction and supervision of the Technical service Manager, the Sensory Research Scientist will work as part of the sensory team to manage and execute day-to-day sensory studies to meet objectives of other business functions.
- Plan and execute sensory tests in CompuSense Cloud including but not limited to discrimination, descriptive, consumer hedonic studies, and focus group studies.
- Analyze and interpret test results using sound statistical analysis including parametric and nonparametric analysis. Record data and findings in electronic notebook and deliver report to the project team on time.
- Participate in project meetings, identify appropriate type of sensory test based on the objectives, and design test protocols.
- Contribute to intellectual activities such as drafting invention disclosure and patent application, presenting at scientific conferences, providing sensory training to internal colleagues and external customers.
- Mentor other technical service engineer and customer by providing basic sensory training, providing advice on test set-up and lab organization.
- Participate in various company activities, such as safety training, employee survey, safety audits and OSHA training. Present safety topic or safety moment in the meetings.