IT Business Partner Analyst (ITBPA)
Lafayette, IN (Sagamore Plant)
Reports to (Title)
IT Business Partner Manager, NOAM
Manager One Removed (Title)
Region/Global Business Leadership, Business/Plant Managers, Process Control, GSNs, Vendors, ISIT Teams and Leadership
Be the Face of IT at the Locations covered. Facilitate the delivery and achievements of ISIT services and solutions. Continuous improvement approach to leverage Business and ISIT Strategy.
- Site contact responsible for All IT Matters.
- Accountable for tracking incidents and requests.
- Ability to identify escalation paths through initial problem identification and appropriate follow-up with IT Towers resulting in expedited case closure.
- Interact with users to resolve IT related issues and provide IT Support in a timely manner, in line with company SLA’s.
- Provide positive, consistent and high quality end-user experience.
- Continuous development through ad-hoc project involvement and engagement.
- Support all leadership members.
- Assist with auditing tasks.
- Client and process control patching.
- Some travel (10-20%), maybe required to assist remote sites.
FES Duty of Care:
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents or near misses and auditing.
Safe Operations, Security, Financials, Tools Implementation, Professional development for ISIT (details and targets at Performance Hub).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good communication
- End to end ownership of ISIT matters (incidents and initiatives)
- Cross-functional team working
- Technical skills aligned with company landscape
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) four-year college or university
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL, PMI certification desirable
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Exposure to various technical environments and business segments.
- Experience in coordinating small projects and initiatives in multi-functional teams
- SAP knowledge desirable
- Proficient with troubleshooting Windows OS (Win7/10) and MS Office products, including Office 365.
- Understanding of basic routing and infrastructure elements such as Server/Storage/Network.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- SCCM experience desired
- RSA/VPN experience desired
- MAAS 360 MDM desired
- IOS (iPad/iPhone)
- Factory Talk experience desired