Regional Category Manager, Packaging
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Global Operations, Procurement
Hoffman Estates, IL
Global Sourcing Director – Warehousing, Tolling and Packaging
Line Manager +1:
VP, Global Direct Materials
The Regional Category Manager (RCM) is directly responsible for all supplier relationships. This role’s key contacts internally consist of all plant operations and supply chain. They work in collaboration with all Product and Platform Management, Quality, and Finance as needed. The Regional Category Manager will be responsible for execution of contractual agreements and sustainability targets alongside legal, regulatory and EHS.
The Regional Category Manager supports the development of the global category strategy and provides expertise to define, develop, influence and deploy the regional category strategy for the overall businesses. This individual will work closely with the Global Category Managers, regional stakeholders and suppliers to execute consistently and deliver clear business benefits that impact quality, service and total cost of supply.
- Provide subject expertise and insight into the region category requirements.
- Build a broad understanding of category with detailed understanding of spend, supplier portfolio and supplier performance.
- Create and maintain category management knowledge and processes to ensure the category strategies are informed, relevant and up to date.
- Monitor supplier performance indicators and initiate supplier reviews as required driving improvement and reducing risk across the regional network.
- Support and align with global category management proactively influencing internal stakeholders.
- Identify, build and maintain an effective cross-functional stakeholder network.
- Understand regional business and functional requirements.
- Gain necessary input and cross-functional expertise whilst influencing acceptance, agreement, and support from key stakeholders to ensure ultimate compliance and support.
- Develops and manages sourcing events, including data analysis, summarizing RFP response data and facilitating the supplier selection process with key stakeholders.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions.
- Manage Regional Supplier Contracts; develop relationship management strategies driving collaboration, Supplier relationship management and / or other engagement initiatives.
- Build trust and credibility with suppliers by demonstrating integrity, commitment and results orientation to drive and deliver results.
- Maintain an effective business relationship with all suppliers and stakeholders based on clear, concise group and personal communication.
- Drive improvement programs and transformations to support category management strategy.
- Timeliness and accuracy of procurement plan
- Supplier management by utilizing segmentation and other process tools
- Development of a robust savings opportunity pipeline
- Stakeholder satisfaction data and/or survey results
- Ensure supplier compliance of agreed continuous improvement initiatives
- Align with objective measures of supplier under agreement and payment term average
Skills and experience required
- Demonstrates a good understanding of general business principles. Applies financial and commercial tools to improve performance.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement or closely related field with multiple function / business exposure.
- Performing market assessments, trends and recommending mitigation action plans.
- PC literate including MS office suite of standard programs. Systems experience within an SAP environment would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel in support of Category and business unit requirements.
- Possess good interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Adept at influencing people on many levels.
- Is continuously ambitious: creates, develops and takes ownership of the tasks identified.
- Execution-oriented with the ability to prioritize and focus on key tasks while putting structure to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Is resilient in the face of setbacks, open to new approaches, and can learn from changing course.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment, and uses awareness of differences to build relationships and achieve results.
- A Bachelor level degree in a Business or Technical discipline.
- Partnership- We work together as one global team to deliver for our customers.
- Agility-We have the courage to act quickly and allow others to experiment and learn.
- Execution-We deliver long term results, balancing today’s needs with tomorrow’s possibilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules
- Fully participate in the Safety Programme, including reporting any incidents (or near misses) and participating in audits
- Demonstrate understanding of the STOP Work Authority and be able to apply in any unsafe situation
- Working knowledge and application of Tate and Lyle Life Saving Principles in day to day job
- Participate in at least one emergency drill
- Complete all required EHS facility trainings