Requisition ID 9555
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Purchasing/Procurement
Posting Type LI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
At the Kerry Center in Beloit, we are a leader in taste and nutrition for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry. We have approximately 700 employees at this location that perform various task such as finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. This location is commutable from major cities such as Milwaukee and Madison.
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will be part of our Procurement team. If you’re looking to build a career in Procurement with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the team for you. As a Procurement Category Manager, you will:
- Sets strategy and leads category sourcing activities in the America’s Region
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability/price, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Manages commodity drivers to manage price risk and volatility of underlying market movements.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a material
- Monitors procurement reporting systems
- Vendor selection and negotiation process for regional vendors
- Negotiates complex requests for materials.
Qualifications and skills
To get the most of this role at Kerry you’ll need to come with knowledge in procurement ability to influence up, and we’d prefer if you had procurement experience. You’ll also meet these minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. We prefer a degree in Agriculture Economics, Business, Finance or Food Science. An MBA or MS is preferred but not required.
- Do you have food industry and buying experience? We prefer at least 5 year’s experience as it will jump start your career.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
Not a fit for the requirements but love what you see? We STILL want to hear from you, join our talent community to let us know you’re interested and stay up to date on other positions of interest.
3400 Millington Rd. Beloit, WI 53511
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .