Administrative Assistant - Loudon Plant
Subgroup: Salary Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for clerical functions to support HR, Logistics and Security functions. This is a “Salaried Non-Exempt” role not a Skill Block Level Role.
The Administrative Assistant position reports to the Loudon Plant Logistics Coordinator.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily activities
- Strong communication skills required. Required communication with Corporate, Loudon Plant, Vendors, contractors, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in Administrative Functions/Clerical Duties
The duties of this position are generally listed below, but as an admin function, duties will be modified/expanded as needed.
- Process morning reports, pull and copy data from various programs for production report by 8:30 morning meeting. Know where to find missing data, distribute by e-mail to corporate and local personnel.
- Collet checks from pellet shipments, assure accuracy, process direct deposits daily
- File all bill of ladings from previous day, and “other” paperwork from guardhouse
- Order office supplies, stock supply room
- Handle all office machines for repair
- Make presentations/copies as needed by Plant Staff
- Schedule meetings as needed for Tate & Lyle Executive visits, customer audits, recruiting, etc.
- Order lunches, bereavement gifts, etc., when requested by Plant Manager and Plant Staff
- Issue camera passes
- Update phone list
- Update Plant Org chart
- Handle all time entry questions from employee, mgrs, or corporate payroll.
- Confirm timesheets are approved by noon Monday, and follow up with Mgrs. on outstanding approvals.
- Assist corporate payroll in closing out payroll with timesheet issues.
- Periodically (based on team changes), – check Floating Holiday accuracy.
- Direct employees to various contacts and phone numbers for benefit matters.
- Submit to Decatur all awards/gifts given out on a monthly basis for tax purposes.
- Assist HR manager in hiring process which includes scheduling Work Keys, Interviews, background check, review benefits with applicants, new hire orientation, process new hire status forms and paperwork to Decatur).
- Update employee spreadsheet and create status forms with technician salary changes, address chgs, separated employees, etc.
- Check in Service Awards, and distribute invoicing.
- Report to Gallaher Bassett any Workers Comp incidents (gather first report of injury and enter into system).
- Month-end, record from SAP safety stats.
- Month-end, record from SAP – reports on % hours worked over schedule and absenteeism.
- Month-end, BATF report.
- Monthly - Submit thru Citi bank P-card & T & E cards.
- Calendar Year-end, – Maintain Perfect Attendance spreadsheet and awards.
- Annual - Schedule open benefit meetings for insurance enrollment.
- Assist in scheduling travel arrangements for Applicants.
- Annual - Submit Hazmat, First aid & Tool allotment pay to corporate payroll
- Annual - Schedule flu shot with Biometrics screening.
- SEAAL Recorder – take minutes and handle banking account, send a quarterly account of banking to plant accountant and plant manager, manage events and tickets and monies owed. Dollywood, Adult Christmas parties, Children’s Christmas party, Angel Tree, United Way
- Assist Logistics and Barge Team as needed.
- Assist special assignments from plant staff
- Manage summer student if assigned to Admin
- Additional duties as needed.