Requisition ID 8658
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Engineering and Maintenance
Posting Type LI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Our Union City, CA location creates sweet and cereal products for Kerry customers and brands, is part of our Kerry Sweet Division with roughly 140 employees.
We are looking for someone to help us keep things running!
Our people care - about their community, their team and the results we create every day. If you’re looking for a manufacturing facility where you can build a career and have fun while you do it, we might be the team for you.
The Maintenance Planner / Scheduler will improve work force productivity and work quality by eliminating in advance potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of parts, machine time and manpower.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler is fundamental to our team. You will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all maintenance work performed in the area. You will maintain liaison and coordination between the production and maintenance organizations and maintain appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results or work done.
- Participates in weekly plant scheduling meeting with weeks ahead plan for preventative, predictive and planned maintenance requirements.
- Recommends equipment to be included in preventative maintenance programs.
- The planner receives all work orders from the requesting departments of the areas to which he/she is assigned, except for emergency work which is requested of the Maintenance Manager for immediate attention.
- Makes any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Reviews and screens each work order to see that it has been properly filled out:
- Work scope clearly described
- Check if the priority and requested completion date are realistic and provide practical lead time
- Charge numbers and other coding are complete and accurate
- Authorization is proper
- Discusses the details with the originating department as appropriate
Qualifications and skills
If you’re up to the challenge and have the following qualifications and background, please apply.
- High School Diploma or College degree in applicable field of study is preferred or licensed electrician / technical background, but we will consider significant relevant work experience
- Prefer some experience in manufacturing environment as maintenance planner.
- Knowledge of food processing equipment is preferred.
- Background in the food, beverage, or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
Is the best still not good enough? If continuous improvement for safety, quality, cost and customer service goals keep you up at night - you can skip down to the bottom and apply now.
Maintenance, Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Scheduler, Project Management
33063 Western Ave, Union City, CA 94587
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .