Tate & Lyle is looking for a Nutrition Scientist who will be a part of the Global Nutrition team responsible for the development and execution of the nutrition research portfolio (pre-clinical, clinical and observational research) to support existing ingredients and new product development. This role will also work closely with NOAM commercial organisation for customer support and lead the dissemination of nutrition science to various internal and external key stakeholder audiences in NOAM region.
- Propose and design research projects to support the Tate & Lyle product portfolio
- Support nutrition research projects globally and regulatory activities in NOAM
- Develop and provide nutrition education and training for internal NOAM audiences
- Provide technical support to the region’s key players (sales, product management, marketing, regulatory)
- Communicate the ingredient / solution approaches that Tate & Lyle has developed to food and beverage manufacturers (potential and existing customers) across NOAM, as required
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business to identify and develop communication opportunities that strategically support Tate & Lyle’s health & wellness and sweetener initiatives as well as the Food and Beverage Solutions business unit
- Collaborate with the Regulatory team to provide nutritional expertise to support their activities within the region
- Collaborate with internal teams, external stakeholders, and agency partners to develop science-based communication materials for nutrition / health & wellness audiences (nutrition scientists, health care professionals) and customers in the food and beverage industry
- As part of global Nutrition Education Outreach programme, lead various internal and external educational activities within the region
- Keep abreast of emerging science and policy issues in the nutrition and health environment and identify nutrition-related business opportunities in the region
Skills and experience required
- PhD in Nutrition or a related field
- Strong foundation in the food / food ingredients industry with experience in science communications and knowledge of the regulatory environment in NOAM
- Strong experience designing and managing research projects and creating nutrition science based communications
- Preclinical and clinical study design, execution, and understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience in engaging with NGO and health care professional organizations on nutrition science & policy issues
- Good knowledge of sweeteners and carbohydrate nutrition will advantageous
- Passion and creativity for innovation in research & science communications
- Strong track record of communicating successfully with technical and non-technical audiences through first class interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to manage / prioritise multiple projects with complex scientific information requiring high attention to detail and intense deadlines
- Evidence of forging strong relationships with internal stakeholders, i.e. sales, product managers, marketing, regulatory, applications, etc.
- Evidence of forging strong relationships with external stakeholders i.e. customers / industry scientists, academic / institution / contract lab researchers, healthcare professionals / practitioners, etc.
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Self-starter with an independent working style
- Proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong team player, collaborative / collegiate working style, and supportive of colleagues globally to meet team goals