The Maintenance Technician is a critical role in our blending/packaging operations in Sycamore, IL. The Maintenance Technician is required to maintain and repair a variety of production and plant facility equipment and assist the manager with ordering parts, standardizing components, and maintaining repair parts inventory.
The successful candidate will be:
· Possessing of a strong, positive safety mindset while performing all functions/activities and must be confident enough to challenge others who might be performing in an unsafe way.
· Committed to our customers through ensuring compliance with all applicable GMP and food safety policies and procedures.
· Able to communicate openly, honestly, and directly in a non-aggressive fashion with all members of the plant team.
· Self-starting, self-managing, and have the ability to work with limited direction.
· Goal-oriented and focused on continuous improvement of themselves as individuals and the operation of the plant.
· Dependable and punctual in meeting expectations for attendance and performance.
The Maintenance Technician must be able to work from daily job assignments, prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, machine manuals, sketches, and preventive maintenance work orders, and instructions to perform the following tasks:
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components.
· Disassemble equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and components such as motors, gear boxes, bearings, and electrical components.
· Reassemble equipment and make final adjustments as needed.
· Perform repairs on blenders, fillers, conveyors, and other production equipment.
· Perform regular checks on building equipment such as pumps, valves, chillers, compressors, and power systems as required.
· Work closely with production personnel on needed equipment repairs.
· Set short term priorities in responding to plant breakdowns and emergency situations and work on off shifts as directed.
· Perform repairs and calibrate electronic instruments such as sensors, controls, scales, metal detectors.
· Assist outside contractors on on-site projects.
· Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crouch, talk, and use their hands. The employee may also lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
General Skill Areas
The successful candidate will have:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer skills.
· Blueprint reading skills.
· Forklift operating skills and must complete on-site training and skills testing.
· Good understanding of proper use of tools and equipment.
· High School diploma or GED is required.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance or proven proficiency in an industrial maintenance program that includes electrical coursework.