The successful candidate will be a key leader in the maintenance and reliability management team and will be responsible for leading a team to drive the improvement of plant reliability and championing the defect elimination efforts. They will apply knowledge and experience to ensure continuous improvement to optimize the company's physical assets and maintenance and reliability processes and strategies. The candidate will be directly involved in the continued implementation and leadership of a progressive and integrated Reliability Improvement effort in a large multiple product processing facility.
- Optimizes and manages the Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Program at the site, which includes: vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, ultrasonics, and motor circuit analysis.
- Provides expertise in the principles of root cause analysis (RCA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance to create an environment of continuous asset reliability improvement. Will be the champion of RCM and RCA process.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine root cause and identifies changes required to prevent recurrence
- Functions as a key technical resource for the site in areas such as: PdM technologies, non-destructive testing, RCA, and Data analysis techniques (e.g. FMEA, Weibull analysis, etc.)
- Provides equipment and process troubleshooting support using PdM technologies (e.g. leak detection) and other technical expertise, as needed
- Monitors the performance of equipment and provides reports and updates, as needed
- Works closely with maintenance mechanics and operators to improve knowledge, techniques, and procedures that adversely affect equipment reliability.
- Functions as the site contact for maintenance mechanical integrity programs including pressure-coded vessels, etc.
- Development of Preventive Maintenance Optimization (PMO) initiatives
- Communicates with other Maintenance & Reliability organizations (both internal and external) to share in benchmarking, best practices, etc.
- Provides training to continue to build the reliability culture and continuously improve (e.g. Lubrication Basics, etc.)
- Works with project engineers to ensure reliability of new and modified assets, while minimizing total lifecycle costs
- Promotes a safe work environment by setting an excellent example and showing a strong commitment to Safety
- Involved in Facility Maintenance budget process and is responsible for using maintenance and reliability principles to improve the facility costs and productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, or other related engineering/technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Plant Maintenance & Reliability Engineering or similar technical role
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects, which improve the operational effectiveness of a process.
- Experience using root cause analysis, and predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, infrared, acoustic emissions, tribology, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical equipment and systems (e.g. pumps, fans, dryers, bearings, seals, etc.)
- Excellent Communication skills.
- CMRP Certification (Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional) or equivalent
- Experience in Continuous Industrial Processing and equipment is preferred over discrete manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in use of SAP Maintenance or other EAM/CMMS.