Requisition ID 9218
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Supply Chain
Posting Type LI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless. About Kerry
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.About the role
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain North American business unit, the Director of Demand Planning is a newly created role to drive “forward looking” supply chain mind-set in the organization. He or she will have the transformational leadership, passion for supply chain, business acumen, stakeholder relationship, and S&OP/IBP experience necessary to deliver a transformational change.
The Director will hold responsibility for Demand Planning and Forecasting for North America region across Food, Beverage, and Meat End-use-Market business within Kerry with $2.5-3 BN revenue. The leader will be supported by a team of minimum 8-people engaged in demand planning. Key responsibilities
- Drive partnership with Customers, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Business President and Supply Planning teams to cultivate a holistic marketplace and unconstrained demand forecast.
- Lead the team of 8-people to develop forecasts based on customer demand, innovation roadmap, market insights, sales and promotions, statistical forecasting inputs, and historical trends with revenue, profitability and inventory goals in mind for 18-24 months horizon.
- Establish one version of consolidated revenue forecast (volume and dollars) in alignment with commercial teams for current and following year.
- Lead “Demand Review”, participate in “Portfolio Commercialization Review”, and partner in Supply-Demand balancing meeting to optimize interdependencies as part of S&OP/IBP process.
- Partner with Supply Planning team and Commercial team in highlighting surplus capacity and inventory to drive trapped revenue opportunities and reduce inventory write-off.
- Lead the SKU harmonization and portfolio simplification process in partnership with Sales, Supply Planning, Finance and R&D to drive profitable revenue across make-to-stock items (e.g. Brands and Collection Items)
- Ensure the Demand Planning process is conducted on agreed cycles. Measure forecast accuracy, forecast bias, inventory turns, slow moving and obsolete inventory to maximize revenue and improve data integrity and continuous improvement of processes.
- Matrix reporting into Supply Chain and Commercial Business Lead.
- Coach the team on utilizing a variety of forecasting techniques to analyze market and product trends to develop long range and seasonal demand plans. Analyze risks and opportunities in the Business Demand Plan across different technologies/categories.
- Create the vision, mission, and strategy for Demand Planning team and build people and process capabilities to create competitive advantage for the organization.
Qualifications and skills
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in supply chain including at least 5-years in demand planning with increasing levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment appropriate to food, beverage, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals or a closely aligned sector in North America.
- An undergraduate degree is required for this position, and an advanced degree would be considered an asset.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills.
- Transformation and change management skills.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial skills.
- Advanced analytical and data management skills.
- Collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Solutions and Results oriented.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .