GrassGreener Group™ has been retained by a British Ingredient Manufacturing business to help source a product marketing professional to join their team.
Our client's marketing department has recently undergone substantial changes with the creation of three new Product Marketing positions. Two of these positions have been filled internally, however, we are looking for a professional for the third, to take full control of a specific product channel.
- Commercially manage the product portfolio to increase market and financial performance and achieve budgeted KPI’s through effective product management.
- Identify emerging consumer and customer needs to develop and deliver relevant innovation to the product range resulting in a positive return on investment.
- Lead the plan for the renovation, re-engineering and continuous improvement of existing products, both from a cost and performance perspective.
- Review performance and recommend remedial/growth actions utilising both internal and external data.
- Manage the portfolio of products to ensure that they are fit for performance across all channels.
- Responsible for managing both brand and private label projects along with the relevant commercial manager.
- Gather market intelligence and utilise to develop business cases and recommendations on growth activities and opportunities.
- Create action plans to protect and grow the market of products thorough understanding of key competitors as well as consumer preferences.
- Develop innovation concepts to market, work cross-functionally, particularly the commercial, operations and finance teams, to evaluate the viability and launch success.
- Manage and be responsible for major product campaigns, such as product launches, end to end.
- Develop and implement a renovation plan, ensuring that the wider business is engaged with the purpose and impact of the improvement to our customers.
- Recommend and manage value engineering projects, leading and working with a cross-functional team to deliver and implement.
- Ensure that your product portfolio is a category leader in a chosen driver – e.g. efficacy, quality, value.
- Identify product competitors, be up to date and abreast of their developments within the marketplace using insights from your colleagues within the Marketing and Commercial function as well as external contacts and data sources.
- Working with Communications and Trade Marketing colleagues, develop an annual high impact campaign plan, analyse and evaluate response as well as return on investment.
- Drive brand value through the development of 360-degree marketing plans, to include guidance for pricing and merchandising strategy.
- Lead SKU productivity reviews within your product portfolio, analyse SKU performance and rationalise as required, set minimum thresholds for new SKUs and ensure alignment and synergies across the entire product portfolio.
- Work with cross-functional teams to harmonise packaging and formulas as appropriate (to minimise SKUs).
- Responsible for the briefing, design and implementation of any artwork changes, updates and refresh on branded products. Collaborate with appropriate functions to ensure that the pack information is legal and compliant for its targeted market.
- Work collaboratively with Applications Support, involving them in the development of product and campaign strategies, and creation of marketing content
- Assist with the introduction of new systems, processes and procedures
- Control expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Ensure you are aware of your own health and safety responsibilities, as well as identify and highlight any potential health and safety issues or hazards within the workplace.
- Actively promote and comply with Company policies, demonstrating thorough knowledge and understanding and ensuring compliance throughout the business.
- Attend to the needs of your team in terms of:
- Conducting regular team meetings/briefings
- Establishing clear guidelines and objectives
- Performance monitoring
- Identification of training needs
- Personal development
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with our RECIPE values: Respect, Excellence, Customer, Involvement, Pride and Enthusiasm.
- Take ownership of your Personal Development Plan, ensuring that your development needs are met to develop your role and the business overall.
- Be an effective ambassador for our brands and business.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Marketing Controller.
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent in Marketing or similar.
- Experience of working in a Marketing discipline within an FMCG environment. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Understanding and demonstratable experience of product management.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering successful new product development to market.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
- Commercially literate with the ability to assess business opportunities and manage price planning for existing and new products.
- Ability to create compelling product and range proposals for B2C and B2B customers.
- Good understanding of packaging and labelling legislative requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, persuasive and influential.
- A strong team player with a “can-do” attitude with the ability to influence stakeholders across the business.
- Confident, assertive and personable. Someone who can make decisions, imaginatively overcome obstacles and keep others motivated to work at pace.