GrassGreener Group™ have been retained by a British Manufacturing business to help source a senior professional to head up the company’s marketing team. This role will take full responsibility for a team of 6-8 mid-level direct reports across our client's marketing department.
We are looking for a senior marketing professional with prior management experience.
In the past our client's marketing approach has been very much been brand lead, as they move forward, their aim is to move to a more product-focused approach. With this in mind, we are looking for someone with a similar mindset and proven experience in product-focused marketing.
- To develop and implement the marketing strategy from the overarching business strategy in order to drive incremental value across Cake Decoration.
- To ensure that the Cake Decoration product strategy is focused on renovation and innovation to protect and grow the core and deliver category brand growth.
- To lead the communications strategy, providing strategic, practical and creative direction to drive us to become the online home for sweet treat decoration.
- Create and implement annual product category plans incorporating product, price and place strategies based on consumer and customer insight
- Develop a consumer communication annual plan to drive awareness and sales utilising digital and traditional media.
- Create an insight-driven team approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Custodian, owner & manager of the brand standards, both internally and externally, for the UK and Internationally.
- Create a value-add working relationship with sales to identify gaps and opportunities and delivers proposals to answer.
- Drive a category focused promotional strategy.
- Create a strong working relationship with customers through category insight and developing category plans to grow their business.
- Ensure a fit for purpose e-commerce strategy and maximising revenue.
- Develop a Marketing CSR plan and ensures that this is embedded within the team.
- Owner of our corporate brand identity plan which includes sponsoring initiatives, shows and events, as well as collaborating with the HR function to build our employer corporate identity.
- Create and develop measurable targets that are measured, tracked and analysed on a monthly basis and drive appropriate action plans and response.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of organisation and succession plans, for individual and team performance and personal development within the Brand Team against agreed objectives.
- To actively work with the commercial and wider teams.
- Control expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Ensure you are aware of your own health and safety responsibilities, as well as identify and highlight any potential health and safety issues or hazards within the workplace.
- Actively promote and comply with Company policies, demonstrating thorough knowledge and understanding and ensuring compliance throughout the business.
- Attend to the needs of your team in terms of:-
- Conducting regular team meetings/briefings
- Establishing clear guidelines and objectives
- Performance monitoring
- Identification of training needs
- Personal development
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with our RECIPE values: Respect, Excellence, Customer, Involvement, Pride and Enthusiasm.
- Take ownership of your Personal Development Plan, ensuring that your development needs are met to develop your role and the business overall.
- Broad Commercial Marketing skills, with experience gained at a Senior Executive level in a business.
- Experience of working in a Marketing discipline within an FMCG environment. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Thorough understanding of the target needs and expectations of consumers in the marketplace and developing effective communication plans to drive a positive ROI.
- Track record of networking and successful relationship building at all levels. Visible and high profile across all functions.
- Solid understanding of budgeting, costing and forecasting procedures, and current market costs of internal and external resources.
- Experience of delivering successful New product development to market