The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the Marketing activities in APAC, in support of APAC business growth objectives in the five strategic categories.
The Marketing Manager will develop and lead Customer Focused marketing activities that support business growth through:
- A deep and broad Regional Category and Customer understanding
- Achieve alignment with the Central team to provide the support required (initiatives, marketing support & sales tools) for the APAC region to deliver against business objectives
- Successful Execution of Regional go-to-market programs, Product and Solution Launches, and Branding and Positioning efforts
The main responsibilities of the role are :
- Go-To-Market Execution and Sales Support
- Regional Category and Customer Understanding
- Regional Integrated 360° Marketing Programs: Input into the Design & lead Execution of plans
- Marketing Plans for the APAC Region: in line with Global Marketing strategies and APAC Business priorities
- Develop, formulate and recommend a comprehensive, rational marketing strategy and executable marketing plan for:
- The total APAC region
- High priority market: China & Japan
- Develop and manage customer-focused communication and sales promotion initiatives plan and budget.
- Act as initial APAC Marketing point of contact for Global teams and work with them to customize proposed launch plans for the Region.
- Regional Trends and Market Analysis:
- Monitoring and tracking regional consumer, customer and regulatory trends (incl buying behaviour and attitudes) and communicating these to category team, core partners and sales teams.
- Interpretation for Field teams and Customers of Global -led Category and Consumer Research Reports
- Input to Research team on research needs and taking part in the briefing process
- Ad hoc Support Marketing Team, Sales and technical teams, product management and Management in capturing relevant data for specific important needs allowing market analysis and capture of opportunities for the business
- Contribute to the justification for new product launches through market sizing and scoping.
- Regional Execution of Marketing programs and Customer support materials:
Partnering closely with regional management and the sales team to develop and support the execution of the Platform/ Category strategy and the specific marketing and sales go-to-market programs and activities in the regions, including the development (and attending) of trade presentation materials and collateral required for successful sales activities and launches, thereby measuring and evaluating the ROI of marketing investments within the Region.
- Regional CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS Development & Planning:
- Objective: feed the Customer Project Pipeline through targeted Push programs
- Work closely with Sales, Technical Service and Global Category teams to identify and understand customer needs in order to develop customers with well-established selling arguments, such as improved taste and cost reduction, to effectively differentiate offers and deliver customer innovation;
- Drive internal communication and alignment process between R&D team, product management and sales and marketing to manage and prioritize application development pipeline.
- Ideation: provide insights to R&D and Product management to assist in the identification of new product development opportunities
- Develop Solution launch plans in collaboration with the R&D team, product management and sales teams to ensure the effective development of new Products and Solutions
- Supervise, coordinate and provide justification for application innovation work
- Fine-tune local positioning and co-ordinate the local roll-out of New Solutions and Services
- Communicate with global and corporate teams to keep all marketing activities consistent with company standards and guidelines;
- Development and Execution of plans to apply Portfolio Positioning, Segmentation and Prioritization in the region for both new and existing core products, in conjunction with partners, to grow share of both platforms and categories.
- Development and execution of Global Brands Strategy in the region, to ensure successful launches and consistent execution
- Co-ordinate New Product Launch Support activities in the Regional team, partnering with Global Category teams to ensure consistent and effective launches.
- Regional Customer and Key Customers and Stakeholder Connections: Partnering with the sales force to build deeper and on-going connections with core regional target customers and stakeholders to identify gaps, focused on ensuring understanding of both articulated and unarticulated needs.
- Direct Customer communication: actively participate key customer visit programs and customer roadshows to share market research findings (consumer insight, category trends )
- introduce new customer Solutions
- capture customer drivers
- convey thought leadership message
- build Marketing-to-Marketing relationships
- Drive Direct Marketing programs : lead development of direct marketing campaigns and regional customer newsletter
- Convey compelling messages to customers at Tradeshows, speaking opportunities and other public events
- Category communications: effectively communicate to customers and Field teams about the company’s capabilities, products and services to raise awareness, thereby making use of a variety of communication tactics, and supported by Communications team and PR or Marketing agency:
Proactively provide input to Category and Communications teams regarding opportunity and desirability of Print and Online content updates
- PR and Media Relations: highlight opportunity and desirability of PR (press releases, editorials, features, interviews and proactive media outreach.) in the Region.
- Management of EMG – the APAC region PR agency
- Lead the design & implementation of the APAC region PR plan
- Coordinate with the Central Communications team & EMG to leverage the quality & quantity of PR activity achieved from the formal media investment.
- Media Planning: advise Communications team on media mix in Region
- Ensure People and High-Performance Team Management and Facilitation
- Developing and managing and training direct report
- Training and developing talent within the team.
- Building strong interdependent partnerships and high-performance teams to ensure achievement of the Regional Marketing goals.
- Perform, maintain and improve the EHS standard and requirements as set by the Company. Participate in the company’s EHS program including training, audit etc., arranged by the company