Buyer / Expeditor
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Reports to (Title)
Regional Procurement Manager
The local buyer is responsible for the execution of Procurement activities related to day to day supplier management relative to quality and service to Tate & Lyle manufacturing facilities.
The Recipe For Success
- Analyze, coordinate, and record data to ensure the timely arrival of materials needed to support production and initiatives Tate & Lyle plant locations. This includes but is not limited to helping develop and use systems, entering data, maintaining communications with internal and external resources and customers
- Maintain contact with suppliers to enable release, tracking, and documentation of materials purchased
- Support other initiatives as assigned (working capital, cost savings, etc.)
- Use SAP MRP system and other information provided to plan requirements and communicate status to all relevant areas
- Input orders, coordinate with suppliers, maintain MRP system and supplier databases, coordinate, follow up with other departments and suppliers, etc.
- Timeliness and accuracy of POs to ensure on time and in full delivery.
- Stakeholder satisfaction data and/or survey results.
- Category specific performance.
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Drives for Results
The person is a self-starter with a proven track record. With experience in building mutual relationships with key suppliers, this person will effectively establish business needs, matching innovative solutions to meet those needs. Their experience will have been gained ideally in a fast paced, dynamic industry where the emphasis is on relationships, solution benefit, meeting challenging targets and delivering business needs.
- Proven expertise in sourcing as a buyer in an MRP driven environment is essential to this role.
- Understanding and ability to successfully develop and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Track record of working successful in cross functional teams to serve business needs, develop a compelling selling proposition, and negotiate to win-win contract closure.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- A professional procurement qualification through a recognized professional body preferred.
- A degree in a Business or Technical discipline.
- Systems experience within an SAP environment would be advantageous.
- PC literate including MS office suite of standard programs.
- Supplier management
- Knowledge of purchase order process
- Positive outlook.
- Partnership- We work together as one global team to deliver for our customers.
- Agility-We have the courage to act quickly and allow others to experiment and learn.
- Execution-We deliver long term results, balancing today’s needs with tomorrow’s possibilities.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules
- Fully participate in the safety programme, including reporting any incidents (or near misses) and participating in audits
- Demonstrate understanding of the STOP Work Authority and be able to apply in any unsafe situation
- Working knowledge and application of Tate and Lyle Life Saving Principles in day to day job
- Participate in at least one emergency drill
- Complete all required EHS facility trainings