Ingredion is hiring a Human Resources Manager to provide HR business partnering services to employees and managers at the Idaho Falls (ID), Moses Lake (WA), Richland (WA), Salem (OR), and Oxnard (CA), manufacturing plant and offices. The role will be responsible for all aspects of HR including Compensation & Benefits, Performance and Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruitment and Employee Development activities.
The HR Group is focused on being a business partner in executing Ingredion’s strategic objectives while supporting employees at all levels.
As a HR Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with department managers to recruit the highest caliber of candidates including developing and managing effective recruitment and selection strategies, managing direct sourcing activities, identifying recruitment partners, coordinating interviews, and producing all documentation.
- Support the induction and on-boarding of newly hired employees.
Employee Development & Engagement
- Guide department managers on team development and collaborate with the Corporate Talent Management function to ensure alignment with Ingredion practices.
- Deliver presentations and training to employees and managers to improve HR knowledge and professional skill building across the business.
- Provide coaching and counseling to managers and employees to support the effective utilization of the performance management system process for effective goal setting, career development, and performance feedback.
- Implement global and local HR projects and initiatives e.g. Global Employee Survey, Recruitment Excellence, Workday Performance Management
- Support and help coordinate employee events such as the company picnic, holiday party, and employee engagement initiatives across the business.
Payroll, Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure payroll processes meet Oregon and California employment regulations by working closely with Ingredion’s Shared Service Center.
- Negotiate and prepare employment offers in line with the company compensation structure.
- Support the merit review and bonus process.
- Conduct Salary benchmarking and job evaluation activities and manage all salaries in line with the Company Compensation structure. Develop and implement hourly pay ranges to stay competitive in the local manufacturing environment
- Manage Employee Relations Cases in line with current Oregon and California employment legislation
- Provide expert advice and guidance to employees and managers on all employee matters including disciplinary, grievance, absence management, maternity, paternity, equal opportunities, restructures.
- Develop, update and communicate HR Policies and Procedures in accordance with current legislation and Ingredion.
- Manage the HR Generalist position to support employees at all levels of the company.
- Create good working relationships with employees and managers by delivering a HR service which ‘adds value’ to people processes.
- Establish good collaboration and best practice exchange with the North America HR team.
Continuous Improvement and Change Enablement
- Identify areas for improvement within the HR function.
- Deliver and support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Acting as change agent for cultural and company initiatives.
- Establish external networks for knowledge sharing and benchmarking.
The HR Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach openly, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for taking on challenges, think “out of the box” to figure out best solution.
- Actively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to bring value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resource Management or related field
- 7 to 10 years of relevant HR experience.
- SPHR or PHR certification, or related professional certification a plus
- Ability to work effectively with a leadership team to develop business solutions and establish and maintain effective human resources practices and programs.
- Broad awareness of U.S. Employment Law and Implications, particularly an in-depth knowledge of Oregon and California employment law
- Computer literacy in Office, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience within manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- Experience working with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) software such as Workday or Peoplesoft
- Ability to train and coach others to improve performance. Build consensus and develop positive relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and change management skills and an ability to work effectively with a management team.
- Effective and comfortable managing conflict and ambiguity.