- Drive sales development for our Personal and Home Care products in Asia-Pacific, leading cross functional teams to execute against business plans.
- Work closely with the current customer-facing organization, develop short to long term projects and participate in key customer engagements.
- Develop a strategy to capture new customers in APAC
- Constantly monitoring pricing at customers and maintaining or increasing gross profit
- Develop strategic account plans to create long term value for customers, including defined objectives, milestones, and opportunities.
- Establish relationships with key accounts to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create competitive advantage for the customer.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Innovation Team and regional GTM team to contribute to the strategic planning process and execute the global strategy, aligning regional priorities.
- Establish a network of collaboration with business and technical contacts to accelerate new product introductions and exchange of good practices.
- In coordination with the Global Innovation Team and marketing communications teams, lead the development and implementation of regional marketing and communication plans.
- Work with the global team to manage and to develop new distribution agreements and pricing.
- Develop and achieve/exceed budget for the region and oversee accurate demand forecasts for the territory.
- With the GTM team, manage accurate records of all sales activity, including customer call reports, territory sales analyses, and salesforce.com data.
Agility and Innovation
- Lead new Personal and Home Care development projects and product launches, coordinating the marketing communication and GTM promotion.
- Contribute to the development and execution of global technology strategy.
- Work with the global team to develop and adapt sales training tools and marketing materials.
- Act as Project Business Owner of regional Stage Gate innovation projects.
- Provide regular market feedback regarding customers; understand market trends and competitive pricing.
- Identify target customers and establish plans for attaining business.
- Organize tradeshows in the APAC region
- Establish a proper Marketing and Communication plan for APAC
- Build Healthy Network at tradeshows and other technical venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects.
Relationships and People
- Prepare monthly reports for senior management regarding business, strategies, plans and progress (including Marcom activities)
- Ensure close alignment with the Global Innovation team and coordinate with marketing and sales regarding business plans, campaigns, and market development opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with external and internal partners as required; lead and/or assist in sales calls to customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field; MBA highly preferred with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in B2B sales and/or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business from inception to significant financial size.
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional teams and working with technology/product development.
- Experience in working effectively with sales and technical representatives as well as customers.
- Experience in managing external marketing communication and research providers.
- Motivated, self-starting professional with excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to travel within the region up to 40% to 60% of the time.
Desired behavior, personal attributes:
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into tangible business plans and actions.
- Proactively builds a good understanding of the customer to ensure own work is responsive to customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage network/ matrix organizations to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to lead, inspire and communicate with confidence to senior levels of management.