Job Title: Production Lead
Position Location: Salem, OR
Business Unit: Kerr Concentrates
The Production Lead will have a working knowledge on the operation of all of the equipment in the plant. They will serve as a backup to the Production Supervisor, running a crew and doing multiple production reports when the Supervisor is out. . The Lead position is a multi-task position and requires someone with the ability to perform multiple tasks on a daily basis. They will also be required to train other employees in all areas of the plant. This will include training, and working with Operators on the Operator Certification Program.
Supervision: 14 production workers and additional temporary employees as needed
- Oversee the processing of product through the entire process in accordance with internal and customer specifications while maintaining safety, throughput, yields and proper staffing.
- Correctly complete and turn in daily paperwork including the daily production reports.
- Document activities through HACCP forms, sanitation checklists, yield and daily production reports.
- Ensure GMP compliance and the timely completion of quarterly reports.
- Investigate and submit any Accident and Incident Reports prior to the end of the shift on which it occurred following proper procedure.
- Address employee relations problems promptly including proper documentation.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of SOP’s, SSOP’s, and GMP’s.
- Continually look for cost saving opportunities and ways to increase production.
- Confirm employees (regular or temporary) are properly onboarded and trained before operating equipment.
- Keep employees focused on working in a safe manner.
- Ensure employees have a complete understanding of the Operator Accountability program.
- Train and develop employees on the safe operation of the equipment in an effort to maximize productivity without injuries or accidents.
- Continually focus on team dynamics to minimize conflicts and resolve issues promptly.
- Continually train and develop your employees for success.
- Act as back-up for the Production Supervisor as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED and/or 2-3 years related experience and/or training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift over 50 pounds.
- Must have at least 20/40vision in both eyes with or without correction.
- Posses or have the ability to obtain a forklift certification
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage team members.
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCP.
- Ability to read and interpret various documents, including maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; including speaking effectively before customers or employees.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, of schedule form.
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.