TITLE: Sales Senior Account Manager – Sweetener Solutions
LOCATION: Mid-Atlantic Region (Home-based)
REPORTS TO: Director Regional Sales – East Region, Sweetener Solutions
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Account Manager responsible for our Sweetener Solutions sales territory in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. The Senior Account Manager will manage all commercial activity at customers in the territory, as well as develop new business opportunities. You will also work with cross-functional teams (e.g. Technical Service, Marketing and Sales) to assist in maximizing profitability for the region.
As a Senior Account Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Optimizing customer relationships and leveraging those relationships to maximize Ingredion’s profitability.
- Maintaining and growing the sales territory revenue and profitability for both our core and specialty sweeteners.
- Generating new business by developing new sales opportunities and converting opportunities into revenue. Growing the “opportunity pipeline” for the territory to ensure reliable stream of future new business. Prospecting to find new potential customers.
- Negotiating new contracts with customers and leading the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts.
- Working with customers’ procurement, R&D, marketing, management and other buying influences to sell our ingredients and meet volume, revenue, profit targets and specialty product growth for the territory.
- Contributing and supporting the strategic business plan and adjusting tactical sales plans based on developing market conditions.
- Optimizing market position and maximizing profitability on both core and specialty product lines.
- Performing administrative tasks such as forecasting, completion of call reports, monthly reports, opportunity updates, budgeting and expense reports. Updating activities and opportunity progress in Salesforce.com.
- Coordinating with internal departments to meet customer and Ingredion needs and to improve sales and profitability. Providing immediate analysis of customer issues and employing problem-solving skills to obtain successful solutions and satisfaction.
The Senior Account Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Provide solutions that bring value for customers and use knowledge of business and the market to meet goals.
- Identify and sell to key decision makers and senior management at customers.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and work well with others.
- Can handle unexpected events and communicate and adjust plans accordingly.
- Think creatively and explore multiple possibilities for overcoming challenges.
- Are able to work in a remote office environment as part of a global organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business or related field with minimum of 7 - 10 years of sales experience, preferably in food or ingredient sales.
- Consistent record of managing and penetrating complex accounts and delivering results; preferably to processors/manufacturers in the food industry.
- Confirmed negotiation skills and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong relationships to generate sales & profitability.
- Experience growing revenue and managing financial dealings with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate many complex activities / projects at a time.
- Solid presentation skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead activities of a cross-functional team to deliver results.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com knowledge a benefit.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (including overnight)