- Develop high quality prototypes with hydrocolloids and optimize processing conditions that exemplify specific value propositions to customer including:
- Recipe development
- Prototype evaluation and benchmarking against current solutions
- Translate analytical data into meaningful value propositions
- Develop in-depth technical and food formulation expertise with hydrocolloids portfolio. This includes:
- Provide technical advices and/ or validated recommendations
- Consolidate technical data/ information and input into online tool(s) (whenever applicable) to assist go-to-market (GTM) team in product understanding
- Develop material, conduct seminar and technical training for GTM team and customers (on current and new products).
- Participate in customer engagement activities when needed such as:
- Innovation day External exhibition/ seminar Supports marketing/ marcomms in generating collaterals Customer visits and trials on-site
- Keep up to date on food trends, customer needs and technology (including sharing with the team whenever needed).
Agility and Innovation
- Build and share in-depth technical knowledge (including experimental data) with various teams in APAC on:
- Hydrocolloids structure-function relationship (including methodology of characterization) The interactions between hydrocolloids and other food ingredients
- Formulation strategy in a broad range of food applications The influence of process flow and conditions on final product performance
- Identify new product development and technology opportunities with hydrocolloids and work with key stakeholders to execute necessary steps (such as project initiation, trials and data generation) towards capitalizing them.
Relationships and People
- Provide technical insights to GTM team to develop and manage hydrocolloids project pipeline in APAC across all application segments.
- Generate (or co-generate with another technical lead) and manage technical documents by working with relevant functions (eg. regulatory and QA) to support new product/ solution commercialization in the space of hydrocolloids.
- Interact closely and manage relationship with regional and global teams to exchange key learning, information, best practices and resources.
- Embrace safety culture, comply with the organization’s safety practices/ rules and participate actively in EHS&S activities. Constantly provide suggestions to upgrade safety awareness in the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years of hydrocolloids experience in multiple food application segments.
- Degree in Food Science or related disciplines.
- Expert knowledge in hydrocolloids, functionalities and interactions with other ingredients in a wide range of applications. Possess strong knowledge in other functional food ingredients (eg. carbohydrates, lipids, proteins etc.).
- Fluent in English (speaking, writing, reading).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point being the key ones).
- Experience in conducting bench and pilot scale trials (including equipment handling) and product evaluation technique (using relevant analytical instruments).
- Track record of successfully completed projects.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,
(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Result Oriented
- Analytical mindset
- Customer orientated
- Project management skill
- Effective communication skill
- Ability to multi-task